Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

If you have 'Encore', ALIENS is on tonight at 10:30 PM Central. It's easily one of the best movies ever.

fuck, i'm stating to use capitals.

what'd you guys think of the aliens movies? since we probably haven't gone over this in a while.

sorry about that :(

but hey, all you non east coasters! you still have time! it starts at 10:45 PM, not 10:30! so you have about 42 mins!

i concur.

hey guys, i'm watching this, and there are a shitload of scenes i don't remember (i just watched it a few months ago). for instance, i don't remember any video of the colonist on LB 426 before the aliens took over. are these extras for the special editon, or is my memory just shitty?

Dam, I dont have Encore :-(. I have Aliens 2 on VHS but that movie sucks ass. The first Alien movie was the best. Gotta love seeing Ripley in those kick ass action scenes.

Alien is pure horror on Nostromo. An unseen predator of immense power and endurance. Aliens is uber ass-kicking action on an alien planet. Equally intimidating creatures, but couldn't stand a chance against human weaponry. It's their sheer number that poses a huge problem to the marines' survival. Allegorically, Alien is to Aliens what a Great White shark is to an army of Piranhas.

I actually prefer the sequel to the original. It's more action packed and adrenaulin-pumping. Reminds me of Halo, but better. Easily one of the best James Cameron films ever, matched only by the kinetically exhilerating Terminator 2.

Zoorado said:

Easily one of the best James Cameron films ever, matched only by the kinetically exhilerating Terminator 2.

i concur. although personally i rank t2 a little higher.

T2 is a bit cheesy, and IMO not quite as good as Aliens. But you're right, they're both ass-kicking movies.

my only problem with t2 is that it took a perfectly good story idea and made it an action movie. but i still enjoyed it immensly. :)
man that was back in the day when they still could make action figures for rated r movies for kids. those were the best.

It is so mediocre. I was disappointed when I saw it in the theater, I'm still disappointed with it.
so much of the story is so forced and amatuer.
for example: they send the best of the best in there to fight the aliens. You never even believe these are Marines much less the _best_ Marines...
there is no tension, no fear, no intensity. The aliens might as well be viet-cong... all they do is die in groups. stupid.
they're going to nuke the planet, but she's going to fight the queen first. stupid.
Cameron is no Ridley Scott; although in his defense it is easily his worst movie (besides his first 2 of course)
lastly, compared to 99% of the movies they release now, it _is_ a good movie.

The first alien movie is just awesome.
The second one, well, nice sound and a bit thrill factor.
The third one, nice uhh...
The fourth one... Wynona is pretty...

Now, I hope they don't fuck it with Alien vs Predator...

I like all the Alien movies made so far. The first one has the atmosphere, the second has the action... The third is not brilliant but it's quite tense and doesn't really have any major flaws. Resurrection is probably the worst, but it has awesome visual design and is pretty well directed. Lacking scariness though.

Fredrik said:

Resurrection is probably the worst, but it has awesome visual design and is pretty well directed. Lacking scariness though.

Doom 3 does remind me of Resurrection's visual style a lot.

Fredrik said:

The third ......doesn't really have any major flaws.

Funniest comment I've heard all day.

Russell_P said:

Funniest comment I've heard all day.

Agreed.

Alien = Very cool horror
Aliens = Very cool action movie
Alien 3 = Kinda cool, but pretty weak and they fucked with the set up at the end of Aliens
Alien Ressurection = Meh, whatever, I agree Wynona is pretty

Heh, just so you guys know, it's been announced that two more movies are in the works, both involving those large creatures found in the first movie (the one in the pilots seat of the huge spacecraft they come across). Apparently, those creatures are using the Aliens as a sort of biological weapon or something. The 5th movie takes place on Earth, while the 6th takes place on the home planet of those large creatures. It may sound pretty stupid, but who knows.

On a side note, Alien should be getting rereleased with added footage sometime around Halloween for those of you who want to see it in theatres.

EllipsusD said:

On a side note, Alien should be getting rereleased with added footage sometime around Halloween for those of you who want to see it in theatres.

some of us did see it in the theater... I realize most of you were perhaps not even born yet. :-o

Well, Aliens v. Predator has been confirmed, but I don't know that it will be a part of the series, ya know? Either way, it should be interresting.

An alien vs predator film looks likely. I trust you all saw the alien skull in the trophy room of the predator spaceship at the end of predator 2 ? It's the smallest detail that will give it away. If they do, I hope the ending is better than alien 4.

dr_qui said:

An alien vs predator film looks likely. I trust you all saw the alien skull in the trophy room of the predator spaceship at the end of predator 2 ? It's the smallest detail that will give it away. If they do, I hope the ending is better than alien 4.

i haven't seen any of the preditor movies yet. but i did see the skull in your avatar :)

monochrome said:

my only problem with t2 is that it took a perfectly good story idea and made it an action movie. but i still enjoyed it immensly. :)
man that was back in the day when they still could make action figures for rated r movies for kids. those were the best.

yea we had a number of terminator ones and i had all the aliens figures, except the ship and queen

EllipsusD said:

Heh, just so you guys know, it's been announced that two more movies are in the works, both involving those large creatures found in the first movie (the one in the pilots seat of the huge spacecraft they come across). Apparently, those creatures are using the Aliens as a sort of biological weapon or something. The 5th movie takes place on Earth, while the 6th takes place on the home planet of those large creatures. It may sound pretty stupid, but who knows.

Cool beans on all three accounts. I always thought that that dead alien in Alien was one of the coolest things in the movie. I also liked how they put a couple of those in AvP. And as for seeing it in the theaters. God damn, that would rule. Sometimes, being born in '84 sucks. :P