Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SmellyOgre

DeepSea Problems

I was making a map with DeepSea today and tested it, but the sprites wernt there. All the sprites just magically dissapeared. No enemies, ammunition, keys, etc. I'm kinda new with DeepSea and have no idea on WTf is going on. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Things have "flags" for when they should appear (3 different skills, multiplayer). Make sure those flags are set correctly.

boris said:

Things have "flags" for when they should appear (3 different skills, multiplayer). Make sure those flags are set correctly.

Yeah, I remember I made alot of errors in the start of my mapping lif, because of these flags. :)

i had them all flagged, theres no way to fix it. I think a file went corrupt when i saved it. BTW is there a way to customize the music for the level in DeepSea? I dont have my own game music so i need to use some from the game.

If it's corrupt, rename the (filename).bak file and save again.

Yes, check the flags. If you don't have Easy, Medium, Hard checked they may not show. Also, if it's Multiplayer only, it won't show. Double check all that stuff and make sure you're not doing it wrong.

To change the music in Doom you need to replace the music files in the wad.

Thanks Nanami but i still dont get how to change the music. BTW all my sprites were flagged correctly, i just deleted the map it was useless.

Well, start like this.

I think the music for MAP01 is D_RUNNIN, so if you provide a different version in your wad, it'll play in that map. Try this, take music from some level you like. Maybe D_EVIL or something you like. Extract it and put it in your pwad and rename it to "D_RUNNIN," and it should play instead of the normal music.

If you want to put your own music in, it has to be a certain format. Different ports allow different formats, but I think the default vanilla format is .mus? Is that right?