Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlueBeast

Doom3 being replaced by new Quake?

Please dont flame me too badly...

Now, I'm not trying to spread rumors, and i really hate to be the a-hole posting this one, but it is a question, some know it all, though admittedly a computer GOD, was arguing why he knew everything and none else knows anything, he said he got an email today about id changing plans and going with another quake INSTEAD of DoomIII...

I told him that DoomIII is essentially done, and noone at id would be that stupid to scrap Doom3 so late in the game... business suicide to a degree.

Anyone else hear this steaming load? I was going to ask him who the email was from, but didnt bother, my money says it wasnt id, hence not reliable.

Ok tonight im the moron with this post, but it was eating at me despite how it smells too much of BS.

BlueBeast said:

Please dont flame me too badly...

Now, I'm not trying to spread rumors, and i really hate to be the a-hole posting this one, but it is a question, some know it all, though admittedly a computer GOD, was arguing why he knew everything and none else knows anything, he said he got an email today about id changing plans and going with another quake INSTEAD of DoomIII...

Well, you can tell that cocksucker that he can stick his "know-everything" up his ass.
iD is not the type of company that changes directions like that so late in development and they're certainly not stupid.

If they really did change their plans and decided to make this into some Quake game (which is as unlikely as me going to Mars tomorrow while riding on a flying whale, because Raven is doing Quake 4), everyone who's been anticipating Doom 3 will be after their blood.

I would post hell this thing because of the sheer lunacy in that "rumour", but since you're only the messenger informing us of the silly rumours going on and since you did it in such a polite way, I don't have the heart to kill this thread - but I will close it if I see too many dumb replies.

It's not true, it'd be the biggest blunder in gaming history. You do NOT cancel a game that is almost complete, FFS, it's just a bad move, and would probably shake the foundation of the company itself. Doom 3 is NOT going to be cancelled.

This is quite possibly the most ridiculous and blatantly untrue internet rumour I've ever seen.

Frankly though, I'd rather have it cancelled than see it go through a Duke Nukem Forever-like of years of delayed development time.

You know, actually it's true. Trust me, I've got inside information. But that doesn't matter since President Bush told me he'll kill himself tonight, and Professor Stephen Hawking predicts that our universe will end tomorrow.

BBG said:

and would probably shake the foundation of the company itself

s/company/world/ ...

Arioch said:

s/company/world/ ...

Heh, yeah, watch as the world economy collapses because Doom 3 is cancelled :-P

Reminds me of when RG told me he had a friend who could make viruses then he told me that it wasn't a virus, it was just a program made to make you THINK there was a virus...

Sounds like someone got the whole Quake 4 thing confused. Yes, there is a Quake 4 but it isnt being done by Id, who are working on Doom 3.

id Software is not the kind of bunch that cancels a project they've put so much into, and their publisher (Activision?) is in no position to tell id what to do with their work.

Also, Quake 4 is being developed by Raven, not id, and they're being develloped concurrently.

So get your "friend" on here that we may mock him.

Heh, I can almost understand why someone not int the know might almost contemplate this. Is he thinking of Quake 4 or something?

IMJack said:

So get your "friend" on here that we may mock him.

Yeah get your friend over here, I promise I won't hurt him.
/starts checking minigun to ensure that it does not malfunction when he needs it.

Looks like your computer god somehow mixed up the development of Quake 4 by Raven Software with id´s development of Doom 3.

Some people seem to enjoy making up rumours and spreading them. In another forum a guy spread the rumour, Duke Nukem Forever would quit the development on the Unreal2 engine and switch to the new Halflife2 engine, which is coplete bullshit because it would make no sense at all. He also suggested 3DRealms announced 2006 / 2007 as new release date... so, you see, some people obviously just want to tell you crap on purpose.

Alboroto said:

Or maybe Romero's behind all of this...

I'm hoping that was a joke or something, because everyone knows Romero has NO control over id AT ALL, heh.

BBG said:

I'm hoping that was a joke or something, because everyone knows Romero has NO control over id AT ALL, heh.

Romero might not have control over Id, but he might have control over Carmack..... muahahahaaaaa

That's why he has that look in every picture...

BBG said:

Or so we're ment to believe.... :D

gatewatcher said:

This is just ridiculous. Good God, why would you even take this 1% seriously?

We're not.
I'm enjoying the fun of listing reasons why it's not true and everybody else do the same or pretend that they take it serious for the fun of it :-P

BlueBeast said:

he said he got an email today about id changing plans and going with another quake INSTEAD of DoomIII...

No chance.

BlueBeast also said:

some know it all, though admittedly a computer GOD, was arguing why he knew everything and none else knows anything,

haha, yeah right, the dude is obviously a complete waste of skin. Maybe this 'god' should pay attention more and get his head out of his ass.

Oh yeah, and those people that think they know everything can't learn anything.

wasted said:

LOL!!! Thats the best joke here, heh!!!

\eyes pops up and brain explodes!!!

wasted, you are SO fucking cool.