Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
revenant_fister

Dennis Quaid as Doom Guy

Hey,

Anyone agree that Dennis Quaid would kick ass as the Doom Guy? He looks a lot like him in some of the frames from the mug shot.. plus, he's like Mr. 80s, so that make things kinda retro like Doom is supposed to be.

Other possible candidates- Ahnuld (for his incredible presence), Hugh Jackman, James McCaffrey (he was in a little known but cool US TV show called Swift Justice), or Russel Crowe.

How about everyone of those guys would suck. They need to do it computer animated with some unknown voice actor.

i wouldn't want any of those people you listed to play the doom marine, heh. it's hard to say what the doom marine looks like, because his face doesn't really look the same on the status bar as on the EP4 cutscene.

...after several minutes of laughter...

Flynn Taggart != Any Doom game

That name comes from the equally bad novels. As for the episode 4 end scene, you see the marine near that city holding the rabbit head (putting it in his belt I think) in one hand and the shotgun in the other.

Hugh Jackman?! Russel Crow?! !!!! !!!! Are you nuts???!!! MAYBE Arnold. If any Hollywood actor, I'd say Bruce Willis. But the best would be an unknown actor, that actually looked like him. It would be best for the actor to be ambigious, 'cause that's the way the Doom guy was.

Flynn Taggart comes from the Doom books. The Episode Four cutscene is at the end, when you see a picture of the Doom guy, with a shotgun in one hand and his rabbit's head in the other, I believe. He looks very different from the status bar pictures, almost reminiscent of the Former Human Sargeant, only with some hair. (To me, at least.)

On a side note, has anyone else noticed that the face on the Soulspheres is the same face as the Former Human Sargeant?!!!! I'll never think of those spheres the same way again . . .

i think it should be clint eastwood all the fucking way.

Bruce Willis?! Get outta here! Can you imagine the Doom Guy having a failed career as a pop singer?!

And yeah, Eastwood would have rocked in his hey-day.

BTW What is the Doom Guy gonna do with the rabbit's head in his belt?

revenant_fister said:

BTW What is the Doom Guy gonna do with the rabbit's head in his belt?

Have sex with it, of course.

BBG said:Have sex with it, of course.

if it weren't for my obsession with these forums, i'd have gotten laid by now...

I think if the movie was live action Cole Hauser (the bad guy in pitch black) would make a good DoomGuy. But all cg, somewhat stylized, would be the best way to go IMHO.

Christopher walken rules. Not a decent candidate for Doomguy IMO, but a really decent actor. But then again, I can't think of any people I'd like to see in a(the?) doom movie since I hope it never gets made and that if it does, the director(s) burn in hell and have their reproductive systems slowly chewed up by doom demons.

There's no actor in the world that I want to see as the Doomguy, because I don't wanna see a Doom movie.
Period.

Screw having an actor play the Doomguy. Film the whole fucking movie from the Doomguy's perspective.

IMJack said:

Screw having an actor play the Doomguy. Film the whole fucking movie from the Doomguy's perspective.

At the end of the movie you'd see 'player' in the credits.

IMJack said:

that's the best idea ever.

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMJack said:

Totally. When the 1st person cannot used, simply imply with shadows and weapons fire or something.

Of course this is far too good and original an idea to ever be considered by Hollywood.