Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sniffalafoman

Zdoom Probs

I have a really dumb question but i really need help. How do you load a custom map on zdoom? I made a map and want to play it on zdoom but it wont work. i tried typing <mymap.wad> in the console but it didnt work. BTW my map is in my doom directory.

You can do it from the command line:

zdoom -file mywad.wad

Or you can create a shortcut to ZDoom and drag & drop any files you want to load onto it.

Loading from the console is not supported, sorry.

Command line: start->run->cmd or start->run->command if you're using an old version of Windows.

Epyo said:

Fred, uh, don't you mean Start->run?

Same thing, though I prefer doing it from cmd.exe.

I'm having problems with zDoom myself, how do you start a network game? (deathmatch or co-op) I do not get a thing on how to do the command line perimeter stuff so could someone plz explain this to me i realllllly neeed help.

By reading this I tried mozilla as filebrowser.

Slashing the backslash with explorer(ms)

example opening a dosbox
file:///windir/system32/cmd.exe
on win2k
file:///c:/WINNT/system32/cmd.exe

Also, with explorer you can do file browsing on the left while surfing* on the right. These two things you can't do with ie.

* checked it in "proces explorer", ie seems to use more resources then explorer when opening the same webpage, only tested with one page though

Coldfusio said:

By reading this I tried mozilla as filebrowser.

Slashing the backslash with explorer(ms)

example opening a dosbox
file:///windir/system32/cmd.exe
on win2k
file:///c:/WINNT/system32/cmd.exe

Also, with explorer you can do file browsing on the left while surfing* on the right. These two things you can't do with ie.

* checked it in "proces explorer", ie seems to use more resources then explorer when opening the same webpage, only tested with one page though

Holy crap, something I didn't know about Mozilla