Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

OMG WadAuthor!

Seems that the WadAuthor page has been updated after a long dry spell with some good news:

Once my degree is completed, I will finally be able to return to working on WadAuthor. All of the added features mentioned in the previous updates are in place and working. I've also fixed several bugs reported over the last two years. My intent is to finish adding resource/lump-management code, and perhaps add another feature or two, before releasing the next version to the public. I know it's sadly overdue, and I know my credibility is probably as close to zero as it can get at this point, but I hope you'll forgive me in light of the circumstances of life.

For anyone living under a rock, WadAuthor is a level editor for Doom/Heretic/Hexen (and possibly Strife, but who really cares about Strife, right?) though due to real life issues (read the update for that info) the author (the WadAuthorAuthor, joke joke) hasn't been able to work on it much.

pritch said:

rofl.

It's a shame you know because Stife's not that bad.

There aren't that many editors with Strife support, are there? It might be fun to edit for it.

I'm still recovering from the heart attack I had when I read this :P

WadAuthor OWNZ J00

OMG WADAUTHOR

I can't fucking WAIT for this next release!!!!!!!

If this guy does in fact update this, I just might give WadAuthor a try. I love DeePsea and was thinking about registering it but I can't see paying every single time a new version comes out. That's just stupid. Whatever happened to buying it once and getting lifetime support and updates? If I could, I'd just pay for DeePsea the one time (which I kinda already did) and get the updates from Warez boards. Unless the program is completely revamped (ala GameSpy and GameSpy Arcade), I don't think I'll ever pony up 20 bucks for a second upgrade (much less a third or fourth) to a program that edits a game that not only has been GPL'd but that is about as old as some children I know. I'm off to try WadAuthor.

Ralphis said:

In your eye deep.

Flim-flam on the jim-jam, blarney foox.

pritch said:

rofl.

It's a shame you know because Stife's not that bad.

yes it is

Cyb said:

yes it is

Since Strife > Cyb, and everybody says Strife = shit, then I guess Cyb = pretty shitty. OMG ZING! BUUUUUURN...

Hexen > Strife > Heretic

Cyb > *

All the math you'll ever need to know.

I hope that the new version of Wad Author views large textures/flats right.

All I want is a line draw feature like there is in DeepSea and DCK.

Ultraviolet said:

Since Strife > Cyb, and everybody says Strife = shit, then I guess Cyb = pretty shitty. OMG ZING! BUUUUUURN...

the first comparison is unproven, so clearly you fail it

Ichor said:

All I want is a line draw feature like there is in DeepSea and DCK.

the whole point of wadauthor is NOT to have one. the only editors that DON'T have that are WA and WadC, so stick with something else i guess.

I'd like these two bugs fixed:

1. When you edit two lines that have the same front sector but different back sectors, their back sectors end up refrencing the front sector and you get unclosed sector errors.
2. You can't see new flats, even if you put them in between FF_START and F_END, on the flat list. And if you try to use them WA gives you an error.

netnomad312 said:

I'd like these two bugs fixed:

1. When you edit two lines that have the same front sector but different back sectors, their back sectors end up refrencing the front sector and you get unclosed sector errors.

[/b]

Yeah, I'd like that one fixed, too.

2. You can't see new flats, even if you put them in between FF_START and F_END, on the flat list. And if you try to use them WA gives you an error.

Rename the F_END to FF_END and they'll appear in WA. I went through all of LTSD like that and only found out how to fix that problem a while ago...