Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cacodreams

Key binding in Boom/PRBoom

Is there any way of binding only a simple click of the mouse button 2 to the ´use´ function instead of that seemly unchangeable double click in Boom/PRBoom? I tried many ways: the options in the ports themselves and the config files... Not to mention that I can´t unbind the ´moving forward´ function to button 2 either. Summing up: every time I want to hit a switch I have to double-click button 2 and then, inevitably, I go forward. :/

The mouse handling in PrBoom totally sucks and its configurability is extremely limited. I had to recompile the code to change it to my likings. As it is it's pretty much unusable.

However, from a short look at the code it seems that a double click on the strafe button also functions as 'use'.

It seems they decided to keep the mouse functionality in PrBoom the same as in the original game. I didn't find any way around this, so had to give up the idea of using a mouse button for "Use" (double-clicking is absurd, of course). This did have the benefit of forcing me to switch to a far better configuration, by which I can get SR50 much more smoothly - in fact my old configuration just seems silly to me now (it was: arrow keys; MB1 fire; MB2 use; bizarre collection of keys to get SR50, requiring both hands to be repositioned).

If you're interested, my current configuration is:
WASD - movement
MB1 - fire
MB2 - strafe on
Ctrl - turn left (only used for SR50)
Alt - turn right (only used for SR50)
space - use
[Windows key disabled; I would have set Z and C as turn left/right, but my keyboard didn't seem too amenable to the idea of three standard keys being pressed at once.]