Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Ultimate DooMer

Favourite CC map(s)?

Well, I guess this has to be done sometime....

What's your favourite Community Chest map(s)?

For me, it's a tough one - I'd probably say maps 02 (great realism), 10 (nice tech map) and 18 (great looking and tough city/industrial map).

hmhmhm, i'd have to say map21, map18, map 16, map25 and map10.

Only played the first half of the wad so far, but out those there is a clear winner.

map12

But didja like map13?? No one said anything 'bout 13!! I'm very happy 12 struck a chord with you, it bends many of my conventional design rules. It's weird.

map13 takes second place together with some other maps, map11 and map02 comes to mind. Map13 had very good architecture but didn't impress me as much atmosphere-wise as map12 did.

Map 18. I dont think Rex has released anything I disliked. He's my favorite mapper atm.

I like map 12 as well. a real doom map. no trickery, just doom atmosphere and gameplay. I dont think theres anything particularly outstanding in it, it all just comes together so well.

Assmaster said:

Map 18. I dont think Rex has released anything I disliked. He's my favorite mapper atm.

Then you haven't tried most of my earlier maps ;)

Thanks, though.

Use3D said:

map 16

Thanks USE3d! Your maps were great also..I like map 12 the best out of your maps for this project..

well deserved. I think the gameplay in map16 can't be beat. It was a hard go bewteen 17 and 16, but I really enjoyed the base/rock theme.

maps 13, 17, 30, and 20 are really good

bad thing about map20 is that its a little unstable when playing online (especially legacy...which also btw doesn't support "dummy" players which makes the bomb sequence a total waste)

I've played up to map19. I liked most of them, except level 6. I couldn't find the secret exit in map15 though, where was it? Also, in map18, something weird happened; several sectors got their floor textures screwed up and had random colored pixels everywhere, instead. Anyone else get that?

Map12 was a lot harder than it could have been, because I found none of the secrets until I went back and looked for them. Map13 was VERY hard. But I can't really say a favorite yet.

ravage said:

And map 29 wont run under anything.

I warped to it to see how hard it was. Worked fine for me (was using ZDoom 2.0.47)

Map 29 was awesome. I am embarrased to say it took me about 04:15:00 (although an hour of that was wandering around trying to figure out just what I was supposed to do; it turned out I had to shoot some out-of-the-way switch in a small niche (which you had to open like a door (it looked like a marble wall)) from a wierd angle in order to make a small platform raise in one of the other identical rooms.

For the most part, I loved it. It may have been insanely difficult, but that's what made it fun. My one complaint is that last bit inside the blue door. Not only do you need to push an unmarked face on the wall (amidst like 10 other ones), it lowers a lift so far away you have to wall-run your way there. That's the kind of thing I would imaging to get to the secret level maybe, but to finish the level regularly? No, I shouldn't think so...

This would have made a really good Level 30 I think, if that "decorative" Icon of Sin opened up at the end, rather than having a conventional exit. MAP30's that consist of 2 rooms and 3 pre-placed monsters are sort of anti-climactic I think (although I think the MAP30 in CC is very good; good atmosphere and mood for a last level).

My fav maps: 02, 12, 15, 29