Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mawcor624

looking for some software.....

mawcor624 said:

Does anyone know of software that can extract images from a .exe file?

Hmm? What kind of program is it?

mawcor624 said:

Does anyone know of software that can extract images from a .exe file?

You could use a google.com]search engine , but i dont think there is a program that extracts pics from a exe file.

Good luck on trying to find one though.

OT: Is there a program that allows you to view .tgV files? .tga files are used by EA in older games, I.E. Privateer II.

In a .exe, each program will likely store its images in a different way. So there isnt really any generic way to "extract images from exe files". If you could be more specific we might be able to help. What exe file are you trying to extract images from?

Is there a specific game you're trying to rip resources from? Different games would have different formats, and they ain't all in the exe.

.exe is not an image format as far as I know, or I might've missed something.

If you are using Microsoft Windows then images stored literally within an .EXE are called "resources", resource hacker is a good program for viewing and extracting them.

well, i don't really know how to be specific. i made a game with "game maker" and i want to remake it using a few of the same images. no problem though... i'll just remake the pics.

mawcor624 said:

well, i don't really know how to be specific. i made a game with "game maker" and i want to remake it using a few of the same images. no problem though... i'll just remake the pics.

No, you can't extract back from a Game Maker exe, i've tried and it's not possible.