Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Retextures Remade

I thought a compliment might be nice (sorta) first up instead of all the whinging fuckpigs who usually populate news threads about this project. So yeah, looking good guys. There's a few duds but most are excellent. Keep up the good work.

BBG said:

*snores*

Uh-oh, BBG doesn't like the hi-res texture project! Better not post any more news on it Bill!

No one gives a fuck what you think BBG. If you don't like it, fine. Shut the hell up and save the rest of us some d/l time.

I certainly hope they fixed all of those hi-res textures that look like resized versions of the originals that had a bevel added to it.

I'd just like to take a second here to mention that ZDoomGL also supports the hires textures and has since 0.7 (so, basically since I started working on it).

You put the textures in the textures/doom directory (ie: c:\zdoomgl\textures\doom). You can enable the textures either through the OpenGL menu (settings->display settings->opengl) or with the gl_texture_usehires cvar.

/end self promotion :)

JoelMurdoch said:

Uh-oh, BBG doesn't like the hi-res texture project! Better not post any more news on it Bill!

agreed, don't waste a post just to state your opinion on something. i downloaded an older set and didn't like them but some people ARE interested in them so please stay quiet and let people enjoy stuff.

Now, there are some fine textures, but also some that I really don't see no reason to be included, other than not to hurt it's creator's feelings. I mean, what's the point if the remade texture actually looks worse than the original?

Is it just me or does Doom look even more cartoonish with these hi-res textures? I don't think I can get used to this... ;-)

Some are amazing but some crucial ones are a bit off (GSTONE*, MARBLE*) and some are totally overdone (e.g. the smaller doors - the originals were intentionally simple!). A few don't look right at all (just look at the FIREBLU textures in E3M6)
Of course, some Doom 1 textures are still missing.

Graf Zahl said:

Is it just me or does Doom look even more cartoonish with these hi-res textures?

It's just you.

wow joel you've showed an amazing impartiality on this thread! lots of maturity! i'm glad you're not opinionated like the other people who usually post to these sorts of threads!

mewse said:

wow joel you've showed an amazing impartiality on this thread! lots of maturity! i'm glad you're not opinionated like the other people who usually post to these sorts of threads!

Wow, I'm being accused of not being two things I never claimed to be in the first place. Whee!

mewse said:

i wasn't calling you a liar. i was calling you a hypocrite.

I'm not a hypocrite. Anyone who claims to be impartial is deluded, period. And I'm not mature by any stretch of the imagination. Opinionated? Guilty as charged your honour. And my opinion is that I'm sick to death of all the whiners on this site. What did BBG's post accomplish? Nothing. It's a waste of time for everyone, him included.

JoelMurdoch said:

I'm sick to death of all the whiners on this site.

exactly. stop whining.

can't ypu people discuss anything doom related for a change jesus christ get a life. And the hi red textures are very nice. And it's cool to hear that zdoom gl also supports them.
later