Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Janderson

Doom...Come to me!

Why the hell don't they sell Doom/Doom2 in shops or anything. How the hell can I buy any of them without a creditcard! I've been every where on the net, can't you just send the money by post?

There's a big shiny boxed copy of Doom 2 at my local shopping center, but I live in Australia, so yeah.

LONG ANSWER

ok dude

open your wallet

take out $3

or $5 if you're not walking

find the nearest secondhand video store

there's a billion of them in every town

go to the computer games

look for the doom/doom2 cd's

pay $2 for both

gimme the last $1 for telling you how to get doom

SHORT ANSWER

hahaha... faggot.

Heh, Tobester continues his faggot kick.

Dont go to major stores for copies. Go to small electronics shops and such. I found my copy of Doom 2 at some small electronics store for $10.

As for web sites. Im sure one of them accepts money orders. You could try that route.

I still see Doom2 for $10 in Wal-Mart every time I go in there. As well as all the other computer stores by me. Maybe people in Colorado didn't like Doom as much, so less copies sold or something, but I still see them quite often.

Doom Collectors Edition is what I own. It is UD, D2, and FD, on one CD. Don't let the name fool you, all it is, is a box, with a jewel case and a CD. Not one manual, or collectors item. But it's only $20. Unfortuantly it's out of print. However, I got mine a little over a year ago, so you may be able to scrounge one up. Also look in the bargain bin if your store has one. There's an original D2 jewel case version, from a while ago that no one has bought, and it's only $10, so maybe your store has something like that, too.

LONG REPLY: All you guys live in America I've tried every second hand store in my area...well you guessed it...NONE of them contain Doom 2.

SHORT REPLY:
(Sigh,)

LONG REPLY: Heheh
SHORT REPLY: Heh

But seriously, just keep looking. It took me a couple of years to find Portal of Praevus (Hexen 2 expansion), but I eventually found it at a computer show, along with a lot of other old games like the full version of Blood (they actually sold the shareware version, heheh), Shadow Warrior, Duke Nukem 3D, and Dark Forces.

Are you English?

I live in England. There are loads of places you can get old games. Try Game, I thihk they still have a bin for old stuff.

Like the others said, you need to go looking at second hand places, trade fairs, car boots whatever. I can't believe you don't have them already o_O

What town do you live in? I'll try and find a nearby copy for you.

/me hugs his id Anthology =)

I live in Keswick, most of the time. But I'm supposed to be moving to Leicester soon...Nah, don't worry about it.
I'll search Carlisle as soon as the B.H. can sort its activities out.

I got the Doom Collector's Edition online for less than $20.00 I paid shipping so it went over, and then I found out that most of my local malls has it in the gaming stores, for the same price, without the shipping, so hey. Just look around.

Whatever you do, don't buy from idsoftware.com I went to look at prices and the games are $25.00 each. That means if you bought Ultimate Doom, Doom2, and Final Doom, it'd be $75.00, AND you don't even get a hard copy, it's just a file download. Why do that when you can get all three of those for less than $20.00 in a nice shiny CD case and a neato box?

I like shiny objects and my favourite toy is a box! (What can you not do with a box?) Thanks for the advice all, I'm obviously not looking hard enough.
Does anyone know if it's in the Old Trafford Centre? (Manchester)

I got mine on amazon.com but last I checked they were up to $100.00 My best bet is to wait for prices to come down, look around for cheaper prices online, or find a friend who can buy one for you and ship it.

...looks at Nanami's title...

I wonder who else is nominated.

[14:57] * Topic is 'stop GOING to newdoom damnit || best avatar award nominees are: Nanami for her BrakFish, fraggle for the alien head from SpaceQuest, and zarcyb for his suggestive banana & cherries'

Janderson said:

This might be obvious...and stupid, but how?
\me takes note for future referance

Go to your user profile, and go to edit options. Current avatar and change avatar button should appear. Click it. Down at the bottom there you should see a space to enter the location of the avatar you want to upload. Simply type it and press enter or submit. Et voila.

Oh, and it's /me not \me btw =)

EDIT: Ahh, yeah note that for when you reach 250 posts heh. It won't appear just yet.

Russia. Moscow. Gorbooshka marketplace. $2 for everithing, man.

\if someone will ask you, who told you that, deny everything!!!

wasted said:

Russia. Moscow. Gorbooshka marketplace. $2 for everithing, man.

That's nothing. There's a "50p" shop in Chester.

Janderson said:

LONG REPLY: All you guys live in America I've tried every second hand store in my area...well you guessed it...NONE of them contain Doom 2.

SHORT REPLY:
(Sigh,)

http://www.idsoftware.com/games/doom/doom-ultimate/
You can buy it here, as a non-free download (Just click the shopping cart), or you can go to Amazon and type in a search for Doom.

EDIT: Just read what Nanami said:

Nanami said:

I got the Doom Collector's Edition online for less than $20.00 I paid shipping so it went over, and then I found out that most of my local malls has it in the gaming stores, for the same price, without the shipping, so hey. Just look around.

Whatever you do, don't buy from idsoftware.com I went to look at prices and the games are $25.00 each. That means if you bought Ultimate Doom, Doom2, and Final Doom, it'd be $75.00, AND you don't even get a hard copy, it's just a file download. Why do that when you can get all three of those for less than $20.00 in a nice shiny CD case and a neato box?

I guess getting it at id Software isn't the best idea. I also got Doom CE via internet ordering. Who knows. Maybe when D3 is released they'll make a brand new collection, which will be easily found.