Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

http://xfury.net/Xarenrath/darkimp.zip

It was originally used for SkullTag but I thought I'd share it with the community. I could care less who uses it so long as you credit me for it.

The imp sprites are named DIMP* and the projectile sprites are BAL4* right now. Unless you're doing an EDGE mod or something you'll probably want to rename them. Sorry if that's a lot of hassle, but enjoy.

They were somewhat inspired by the imps from TNT3 but as you can see they're quite a bit different.

Nanami said:

They were somewhat inspired by the imps from TNT3 but as you can see they're quite a bit different.

They are indeed quite different, and will be a great asset to Skull Tag. I think for whoever uses them in their project, they should be made with a slight bit of heat seeking in their projectile. Call me crazy, but it just might work.

Nanami said:

That's nice :)

Lüt said:

I hope you don't mind that i did this exact same thing for Millennium 3 years ago myself :P

You did? Let me see.

deathbringer said:

Actually i was planning for my dark imps to have homing, weak projectiles XD

That's what I intended for the dark imp to have, a homing projectile. BUT, not homing as much as the revenant, more along the lines of the Mummy from Heretic type of homing. The radius is a lot bigger and a hell of a lot less annoying. If you play TNT3, the imps in there use this type of homing and I love it to death.

EDIT: pritch fixed this for me and split the original thread in two so people still talk about Mouse's imp. =P

Nanami said:

EDIT: pritch fixed this for me and split the original thread in two so people still talk about Mouse's imp. =P

Your wish is my command, Voodoo Princess.

It's funny because pritch didn't even know you could split threads until I asked him to. What a supermod he is! =P

Nanami said:

It's funny because pritch didn't even know you could split threads until I asked him to. What a supermod he is! =P

I did know I just don't like doing things like that too often!

Don't be cheeky you little rascal.

Hmm, well i could try making thier fireballs "less homing" by not giving every frame the special SMOKING_TRACER, so instead of..

frame:SMOKING_TRACER,

it'd be like

frame:NOTHING,

i'll see if that works eventually XD, i might re-colour the fireballs because they look similar to the (much more dangerous) dark disciple fireballs

I would appreciate it if no one used this. Nanami made this specifically for Skulltag, and did not have permission to distribute it on her own.

Of course, you're all welcomed to base your projects off Skulltag, in which case you will get to use it, along with tons of other stuff.

Uh, Carn, I made it for SkullTag. Key phrase, is "I made it," so I don't have to ask permission from anyone. It's mine. I can give it to anyone I please. Thank you.

Nanami said:

Uh, Carn, I made it for SkullTag. Key phrase, is "I made it," so I don't have to ask permission from anyone. It's mine. I can give it to anyone I please. Thank you.

When you make something for a project, it's expected that you don't distribute it to other projects. In the business world you get sued and fired for it...here it's just expected that you don't do it.

Anyway, have fun distributing it. Also, have fun being banned from #skulltag. Thank you.

[14:32] <Nanami> Actually, in a business world, I'd be getting paid for this. But I'm not. You would be BUYING the rights to use what I made, but you're not. I OFFERED to make them for you, and gave them to you by choice. That means I still own them, and you merely have the privledge of using them just as anyone else I'm letting use them.
[14:33] <Carnevil_> You're correct, I have no legal recourse against you
[14:33] <Carnevil_> But when you make something for a project in these game communities
[14:33] <Carnevil_> It's expected that you don't go release it on your own
[14:33] <Carnevil_> Your own parts
[14:33] <Carnevil_> They become part of the project
[14:33] <Carnevil_> It's one of those unwritten things

If you were paying me for it, it'd be different, but no. I OFFERED FREELY to make them for you, and let you use them. There's a difference. Also I'd like to know who it is exactly that "expects" this.

Anyway, you people can use the sprites if you wish still, I just want to be credited in the text file if you do. Also you're allowed to edit them and change them if you like, but still I want to be credited.

As a side note, please don't make me mad today. I just bought a one-way ticket to Ohio because I was tired of my family doing cocaine.

Carnevil said:

When you make something for a project, it's expected that you don't distribute it to other projects. In the business world you get sued and fired for it...here it's just expected that you don't do it.

Anyway, have fun distributing it. Also, have fun being banned from #skulltag. Thank you.

A) This is not a business

B) You did not pay her, nor make her sign a contract saying that whatever work she did would be exclusively for Skull Tag

C) She didn't originally come up with the idea specifically for Skull Tag

D) The Digital Milennium Copyright Act basically says that her imp is her intellectual property, and as such she may use it anywhere she likes. There's issues with the fact that it's a modified version of someone else's intellectual property, but for these circumstances that issue can be tossed out the door.

Unfortunately, in the open source/free mod gaming world, it works like that. Of course, had she signed a contract, or there was a more firm agreement that what she made was exclusively for Skull Tag, then you'd be completely right.

Oh no. Banned from #skulltag? What channel are you going to use now?

I mean, if I made something for one of my projects and then decided to also submit it to someone's community project, the smart thing would be to completely relinquish all of your rights for whatever purpose said project leader has for them. That's just common sense. You should have deleted your project to begin with, otherwise you wouldn't have lost your only opportunity to use one of freenode's five doom channels that talk about wanking all the time.

Shes always in #youfailit, which sometimes has more intelligent conversation and more traffic than #zdoom on good days.

footman said:

Nightmare Imp > Dark Imp

Nightmare Imp? url/pic?

That is to say, there's been like 4253455 nightmare/dark/etc imps made, so which one are you referring to?

I have a nice idea for you guys: Don't argue just because of this little fault.

Brad, just don't use the enemy, if you just want to see it in Skulltag and Nanami, just do now with the Imp whatever you want to do, but consider these rules for the next time.

This small misunderstandement is no reason for you two to argue ;)

Mancubus II said:

A) This is not a business

B) You did not pay her, nor make her sign a contract saying that whatever work she did would be exclusively for Skull Tag

C) She didn't originally come up with the idea specifically for Skull Tag

D) The Digital Milennium Copyright Act basically says that her imp is her intellectual property, and as such she may use it anywhere she likes. There's issues with the fact that it's a modified version of someone else's intellectual property, but for these circumstances that issue can be tossed out the door.

Unfortunately, in the open source/free mod gaming world, it works like that. Of course, had she signed a contract, or there was a more firm agreement that what she made was exclusively for Skull Tag, then you'd be completely right.

Yes, you are correct. I have no legal recourse against her.

HOWEVER, that does not mean it is not EXPECTED of him/her to not distribute this. If he/she is going to continue with this undermining behavior, then I refuse to work anymore with him/her.

Carnevil said:

Ripping off other game textures and claiming them your own work is also not good business ethics.

Ralphis said:

Ripping off other game textures and claiming them your own work is also not good business ethics.

If id decides it's a valid use of their time and money to strike the hammer down in us, I'd be more than happy to remove any violations.

Carn, this is petty.

Skull Tag will not be damaged by this, neither in term of popularity nor integrity. It's a motherfucking imp variant for god's sake.

If you have made an agreement with all Skulltag developers to be loyal against the project by dedicating all their resources solely to the project you've might have a point.