Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buddy40

New UA-Corp Code??

INITIATINGSECURELINE sounds like it could be the secret code, so I guess it's true. It makes sense. Could this mean they'll finally let us see the whole site soon?

Pat said:

It means a secure line is initiated :D

thanks, clears up any and all confusion :P

Fucker! I tried that exact thing, but I used a=1 b=2 etc. Gah.

At least it's solved now.

and i had no idea up until now that he posted here, how awesome is that?

why doesnt this key make any sense, having a random vegeniere key invites people to invent keys

mewse said:

why doesnt this key make any sense, having a random vegeniere key invites people to invent keys

Well, it wasn't really random. The hidden 256, or multiples of two, was meant to lead you in the direction of discovering this solution. What I want to know is how Pat Duffy wanted it to be decoded, if what InsectAttack did wasn't the expected way.

The encryption did not use Vigenère in any way, which makes InsectAttack's solution all the more interesting.

Dont they usually change or show something new on the uac site when the code is broken?
It looks the same to me.

Pat said:

The encryption did not use Vigenère in any way, which makes InsectAttack's solution all the more interesting.

So, the UACs plan of trying to secure their codes by changing the encryption methods didn't work? Heh, d'oh.

LOL yeah, looks like in trying to make it harder to decode, they actually opened up more than one method to decode it. With security like this, who needs hackers?

anyone been looking at the /256/ data yet? think it's encoded binary?

heh, it begins with UAC-A- and ends with PATD

it is legit, and it is related to doom3 on the fact that all the hints were on ua-corp's site, and it all checks out. the methods, clues, and process used to decode it all make 100% sense to me.

Goat said:

it is legit, and it is related to doom3 on the fact that all the hints were on ua-corp's site, and it all checks out. the methods, clues, and process used to decode it all make 100% sense to me.

ditto.. its kinda funny that theres a vigenere key that can solve it tho

yea i know. did pat ever explain how it was "meant" to be solved? i havent heard of it.

The encoding used the key (256 128 64 32 16 8 4 2) as a ROT method. First character is moved 256 spaces in a looping alphabet, 2nd letter 128 spaces, etc. Vigenère also uses a numeric rotating system (crypto letter position # - key letter position # = real letter position #, wrap around alphabet as needed), so it's logical that mathematically a key could be created to decode the correct message that way...just a lot more work ;)