Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DaJuice

BoH model

I recently started a Baron of Hell 3d model, and the head is nearing completion. Here's what I got so far:)

Very nicely done, can't wait to see the complete work. How long did it take you to make this?

I've been working on it for over a week, a few hours each day.

Russell_P said:

That's the first baron pic I've seen where the baron actually looks happy.....

great pic.

Hmm? I always thought the Baron looked like it was smiling on those marble head pics.

Russell_P said:

That's the first baron pic I've seen where the baron actually looks happy.....

great pic.

Agreed!!! The next step is to create 3d imps...xxx!!!

ps Very cool modeling!!!

great! actually I was going to do the boh model my self, but now I don't have to :) . Any change of making a hires marbface texture out of that one?

I think the Baron of Hell should look happy, it's scarier if you know it enjoys tormenting others, I enjoy skateboarding, IT enjoys stamping, biting, clawing, burning, killing, torturing and throwing plasma at people.
How fortunate, that its job is also its hobby.

Thanks for the comments ppl.
I'm using the demo/learning version of program called Houdini. Zabnat, I'd be more than happy to once the head is done.

Lol, you're right of course, my apologies. I'm on it:)

OK, SideFX (sidefx.com) is the company that makes the program. Houdini is a complete 3d package like Maya, Softimage XSI, etc. It's known for it's procedural workflow (kinda hard to describe), and it's extremely powerful and flexible out of the box. It's mostly used by the big studios such Digital Domain, Rythm & Hues for example and it comes with a pretty steep price tag, $17,000 to be exact (although there is a "lite" version at $1,500).
The learning version which I'm using is called Houdini Apprentice and can be downloaded here...

http://www.vislab.usyd.edu.au/sidefx/

There are also a buttload of tutorial vids available in RealMeadia or Divx formats here...

http://www.vislab.usyd.edu.au/sidefx/houdini_video/

It's a great app, I luvs it:P

dsm said:

Hmm? I always thought the Baron looked like it was smiling on those marble head pics.

Yea me 2 a evil grin, like he has total control and is trying to intimidate you.

Excelent model, very professional. I'd like to see something like that in DOOM 3.
Keep up the good work. And don't forget to recolur it and make the Hell Knight too.

Ok, thought I'd post an update. I only started working on it again like a week ago cuz I had to finish up my demo reel, but now I can focus on this again.
Here ya go...

Still not happy with the abs though, will have to work on that.

The arms could be a little longer and the muscles should stand out a bit more (extrude them a bit or something) but otherwise you're going in the right direction.

Thanks for the crit Blue Sonnet, you may very well be right. I'll add the lower body before tinkering with the proportions.

ToXiCFLUFF said:

The face rules. The body is a little too human looking.

seconded. that face really is absolutely perfect.

Thanks ya'll. I think it'll look better once the texture and displacement/bump maps are on there, that'll definitly make it look less cuddly and human looking.

Ok, back with another update. The body is almost complete, mostly I just need to fix up the abs and add some more definiton to the back. Maybe I need to make the legs shorter too, they look a bit long to me. Any other suggestions are also welcome.

Darkstalker said:

It's awesome but I find the legs a bit short :/

i dont know, they look alright to me