Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Naked Snake

Urban Nightmare

ratatatatatata
Automatic weapon fire assaulted the air, which was already thick with the smell of used gunpowder and the foul, corrupting smell of death. The people that had assembled on this street fought valiently along-side the National Guard, whom actually were worse off than the civilians.

"Jackson, get up on the roof-top and give us some fucking cover!" Henry shouted, pointing to the top of a small structure, a gas station which had a large sign that advertised live bait and ice cold beer, it also had brains smeared on the window. The small Cuban man nodded, clutching his old hunting rifle close to his chest as he entered the dark gas station. Henry himself had a 12 gauge shotgun, but had adjusted the choke so the spread would be good enough for long range. He picked off some of those muscular pink creatures with gapping mouths. His aim was true and the volley of buckshot tore its way through the hideous face of one of the beasts. The others continued on without pause. Henry looked over at the ash-faced Robert, who was just shy of 19 years old. He was holding his own with the M-16a2 Henry had gotten him off a dead soldier. When Henry found him, he was clutching an old chainsaw, stained with blood, some old from its time as a butcher's chainsaw, some fresh, as its time as a survivor's chainsaw. Henry remembered the scene of finding Robert in the general store's basement, crying, clutching the chainsaw.

"It's my dad, Henry, it's my dad
"Rob, your dad...he's been dead for 2 weeks". Robert nodded then pointed at the corpse on the floor. It was indeed his father, clutching a kitchen knife. Henry led him upstairs and poured some soda into Robert's mouth, which he eagerly swallowed. The memory took less than a second to play back in Henry's mind, which was more than enough time for a pinky to tear him to shreds. Luckily, though the pinkies were dead, thanks to Robert. Robert looked at Henry as he reloaded then motioned his head up the street. Henry got out from behind the car and advanced, taking a quick glance up at Jackson, who had bagged one of the creatures. Henry was in the middle of the street now, in the midst of bodies, most of humans, some of former humans, some of the wretched monsters that had invaded.
"Jackson," Henry called up to the Cuban, who was intently staring through his scope "Is everything clear?"
"Yes, everything is clear" he responded. I advanced cautiously, just to be sure, clutching the shotgun so tightly that it seemed as if the wood would crack under the pressure.
"HOLY FUCK, FIND COVER!" Jackson shouted, running through the roof service entrance door. I looked back at him and then looked at Robert, who hid in a bus that was tipped over and had a hole in the bottom allowing access to the bus.
*THUD*
"What the hell is that?" I muttered.
*THUD*
I decided that whatever it was, it was big, very damn big, and as I rushed into an abandoned store, my thoughts were confirmed. It was huge, at least 30 feet tall, the most muscular thing in the universe, its left leg was mechanical, it had threateningly big horns on the side of its massive skull...and one big-ass boxy weapon in place of its right arm. It didn't see me, thank God, if it had, I'd probably be reduced to ashes in moments. It scanned the street casually, as if it were bored with its job, but it roared when it saw something. I looked out the window.
"Oh my God" I whispered. It was a little 10 year old girl. She screamed and stood, frozen with terror as the beast aimed the weapon at her. "NOOOOOOOO!" I shouted, but it was too late. The box emitted a large missile and it sped towards the girl, the explosion making a large crater where the girl once stood. Sobbing, I ran into the back of the store to hide. I needed to think.

"OHMYGOD, OHMYGOD, OHMYGOD" I kept repeating under my breath. The event had played back in my head a thousand times and was likely to do so a thousand more. The creature had since left, crushing a section of the bus as it went down the street. I had feared that Robert was another victim of the cybernetic creature, but he raised his hands out of the windows of the bus to let me know he was ok, he did not dare to shout and putting his hands up was risky enough. I heard an odd sound a few blocks away, and after about 20 minutes, I heard a chorus of the damned, the cries of raging zombies, all moaning in unision, seeking living flesh to destroy and transform for their masters. I also heard roars and hisses, and after a few large roars, the zombies stopped. A few more and they were suddenly in motion, I could hear them stomping away, looking for humans. I heard a few marching in the dank alley behind the store. I braced myself as I heard them growling at eachother and hitting the back door. After a few moments, it swung open with a crash and two zombies stepped in. *BLAM*! The first one, a civilian, was downed. The second one was obviously military, it carried a large chaingun. *boomboomboomboomboomboomboomboomboom*. Rounds tore through the store, destroying shelves and glass, luckily, I was not standing up when the once-living opened fire. I took that one down too, with my last shell. I tossed aside the shotgun and took the chaingun. I stepped out into the alley and into a whole mess of zombies, but they were not facing me. I made short work of them with my new toy, the rounds tearing through them as if they were made of paper. The sound of them falling was the nearest thing to music to my battered ears. One, however, still had a bit of "life" in him and started to crawl towards me, groaning, hoping to chew me to death or something. I simply stomped on its head until it crushed like a grape having a brick dropped on it.
"Ugh" I muttered in disgust at the sight of brains on my shoes. I stepped over the corpses of my enemies to advance deeper into this urban Hell. I entered another alley, which was a lot darker. I probed the darkness, looking for opposition, but there was none, thankfully. A fire escape ladder was down, so I climbed up it, as there was a brick wall blocking my path. I looked into the apartment. Death everywhere, an entire family brutally slaughtered, the father clutching a pistol, a shiny chrome revolver. *crash*! The window shattered under the blow I delivered with my foot, I crept into the apartment.
"Ugh, this place reeks" I coughed, holding my nose. Apparently, the food in the fridge must have spoiled, which was odd, considering that the TV was on, emmiting and endless display of white static. I snatched the revolver from the dead man's grasp and checked it. It was full.
"Poor bastard". I looted the house for supplies. I took a backpack, which I had to empty of the child's school supplies, and filled it with a flashlight, some batteries, a locksmith's set, a 1 gallon jug of water, a can opener and some non-perishable cans of fruit cocktail. I also found a chrome "zippo" style lighter and a Swiss Army Knife, both of which went into my pockets. I found a few boxes of ammo for the revolver, which was a .44 Magnum, each box held 24 rounds, I found 3 boxes. After I was done collecting some supplies, I left the apartment through the front door, turning off the TV before I left.

The hallway was really dark, too dark to see without the flashlight. .44 in one hand, flashlight in the other, I walked down the dim corridor. Occasionally, I'd stumble over a body or hit some boxes or something. I found the steps and went down, this hallway too was dark. A sharp hiss made me freeze. I feverishly waved the flashlight and gun around, looking for my target when all of a sudden, the hallway filled with a hellish red light as a fireball careened through the air. The split second of light helped me locate my target. I dropped to the ground and fired from my prone postition at the creature. It howled in pain as my second shot struck it. I could hear it hissing and walking towards me. I located it with the flashlight and looked at it. Brown, rough-looking skin covered the creature from head to toe, its shoulders had two large spikes protruding from them, its red eyes blazed with all the fire of hell and its mouth was filled with razor-sharp teeth that were stained with blood. *bam*! The third shot struck it in the chest, which stopped it but did not kill it. It held its chest for a moment, then threw another fireball at me. I rolled to the side and then located it again and fired for the fourth time. The .44 round ripped through the monster's throat, spewing blood from the entry and exit wounds, as well as its mouth. The creature toppled backwards and fell to the wooden floor, leaving a large puddle of thick red blood where it lay. I wiped my sweaty forehead and stumbled my way down the rest of the hallway...

The lobby was bright enough that I did not need the flashlight anymore. I readied the chaingun, which I had strapped to my back and marched through the lobby.
"Muhhh". I faced the source of the sound. A zombie, weilding an axe, stood in the reception booth. It was trapped, both doors were shut, so it had no escape as it was too stupid to know how to use a door. It growled at me and swung the axe at the bullet-proof glass window. I wasted no ammo, as the zombie posed no threat. Suddenly, a huge explosion destroyed the wall near the back of the lobby. I aimed and waited for a target when I saw Robert and Jackson come through the huge hole.
"Henry!" Robert shouted, raising his hand.
"How did you know where I was?" I asked.
"We didn't," he chuckled "I guess it was fate that gathered us together again, eh?". I simply shrugged.
"Wanna know how we made that big boom?" Jackson asked, with a sly grin. I nodded. "Oh man, I can't believe it isn't obvious to you! I was in a damn gas station, what do ya think we did?" he laughed and I smiled.
"Ok guys, we need to formulate a plan.". *crack*. We looked at the zombie in the room, but he wasn't there, instead, he was in the doorway. He had smashed his way through the door. Jackson blew its head off before it even had a chance to get any farther.
"Yo, let's see what's back there" Jackson suggested, motioning to where the other locked door was. A few quick bashes against the door and it cracked open. The room inside was just what we needed, a treasure-trove of weapons! Jackson took a nice new semi-automatic sniper rifle, fitted with a night-vision scope and a silencer, he also took a few clips for it, as well as a Mac-10 clone with a retractable brace and retractable grip. Robert took a nice 2000 model Tommy Gun, which looked like the old version, but made to use 7.62 mm rounds instead of .45 rounds. It had an nice horizontal bayonet, made to compliment the sweeping broom. He took 3 50 round drums and 2 30 round banana clips for the gun. He also took a handgun that used .357 rounds, as well as two Uzi 9mm submachineguns. I took a S.W.A.T. Team issue semi-automatic 12 gauge shotgun, some boxes of buckshot, slugs and 12 gauge flares, there was a box of flachette rounds too, but it was empty. I also took a Colt Combat Elite .45, which had a nice laser sight on it, as well as a silencer, but the silencer was bent, so I removed it. We also took some hand grenades. We were certainly set for weapons. As we left, we all gave a backwards glance at the horde, remorseful that we had to leave it behind. Outside was the same hellish warzone we had been living through, destroyed cars, corpses lining the street, and of course, monsters. A lone beast stood in the middle of the street, but its back was turned to us. It had mechanical legs that looked "spider-esqe" and the "head" of the creature looked like a brain, the grey occasionally broken by large, pulsing blue veins. The thing stood there, motionless, but we knew it'd be aware of us if we did something stupid. The only stupid thing we did was stared at it, for a floating monster hissed at us and started shooting fireballs. Soon, in addition to the spider, there were 4 floating red ball-monsters, spewing electrically charged balls from their horrendously over-sized mouths. The spider turned and screeched, then its legs went into a slight crouch as it started unleasing energy at us too, but this stuff was much more deadly than the weaker stuff we'd had to deal with. We all took cover and I saw the spider's energy balls burn down a thick metal pole and melted a car straight through. The ground, however, was not made for mechanical legs, for it was littered with the dead. The spider did its best to traverse through the field of death, but had little sucess. Jackson opened fire with his rifle, the spider-beast howled in furious pain, spewing blood from the brainy head. The thing died, spewing gore from the brain and falling with a mechanical screech. The street still wasn't clear, as a Commando Zombie had found its way out from within a store. It opened fired with the large chaingun, but we had found cover behind cars and crates that were stuffed with cut meat, not in packages, which scared me, as it was probably HUMAN meat! Robert tore it to shreds with his Tommy Gun, which he had wisely loaded with the 30 round magazines instead of the more valuable 50 round drums. We rushed up the road when Jackson stopped suddenly and looked down.
"Yo, what's the matter?" I asked. He smiled and pointed. It was a man-hole.
"We can go through the sewers!" He noted. We combined our strength and managed to remove the lid, which was quite heavy. "Let's go swimmin'" he said, before decending into the dank sewers...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, uh, don't expect me to continue this or anything. I MIGHT, but I highly doubt it.

Pretty cool, one odd vbit though..i assume the guy found the dead family and revolver in an apartment block, so what was a huge horde of high-powered weapons doing in an apartment block, unless the janitor was a crazed survilvalist, except the day the demons invaded was his day off and he was at home with nothing more than a "home-made C4, a recipie for survival" video XD

I'm gonna have to say:
Dude, this has to be your best story to date. The mood setting at the beginning is pretty good, you've got the emotional stuff in place and the story develops in a more interesting fashion than your usual stories. Character characteristics are also mighty fine and the writing itself is good.

I think this is the first time where I have no flaws to point out in your stories as far as techicality in writing goes. Usually, I tend to find your writing stile a *tad* too casual, but it certainly ain't too casual here.

Good joeaarrb there Hamstray! I mean...BBG. :-P

dsm said:

I'm gonna have to say:
Dude, this has to be your best story to date. The mood setting at the beginning is pretty good, you've got the emotional stuff in place and the story develops in a more interesting fashion than your usual stories. Character characteristics are also mighty fine and the writing itself is good.

I think this is the first time where I have no flaws to point out in your stories as far as techicality in writing goes. Usually, I tend to find your writing stile a *tad* too casual, but it certainly ain't too casual here.

Good joeaarrb there Hamstray! I mean...BBG. :-P

/me is beaming ^_^

heh, wait till i make a certian wad i started out planning as a joke XD

Hm, anyone know how old princess di was in 1977, if she was even alive? XD