How do you pronounce Ichor?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How do you pronounce Ichor?

• Ish-or
    • Ick-or
    • Other

You must be terribly bored, heheh.

Anyway, I (as in is) chor (as in core).

It's the drink of the gods. Or is that ambrosia? Maybe ichor is the blood of gods. something like that.

eye-sore [3p

you people are really bored if you're trying to figure out how to pronounce people's nicknames.

Ichor said:

Anyway, I (as in is) chor (as in core).

I stand corrected - I used to pronounce it "eye-chore" (the 'ch' pronounced like the ch in the German word "ich", which is kinda like "cshhhhhh" or something)

You must be terribly bored, heheh.

I'll say. Btw, polls like this are one of the reasons why I just called myself "dsm" when I signed up. There just aren't too many different ways to pronounce that :-P

you people are really bored if you're trying to figure out how to pronounce people's nicknames.

Can't help it, whenever I see a funny/interesting nick, I just automatically think the name - kinda pronounce the name in my head.

KDarigal said:

eye-sore [3p

Actually, you see, its quite a deditcated matter, for you see if now we happen to run into Ichor in person, we can call him as to how we prenounce it and he will know its that person calling him, and if someone else calls him so he won't go "Who called me?!?!?" Now he knows and now, we can all rest easy at night. :D

KDarigal said:

eye-sore [3p

Hello sir, how are you?

That site said:
Pathology. A watery, acrid discharge from a wound or ulcer.

Ewww.

Anyway, I think there are lots of ways you could pronounce dsm, depending on which language you speak. In Spanish it would be five syllables, while I wouldn't be surprised if Croats tried to pronounce it as one syllable.