Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Laguna

Agh! Help!

Okay, I have since returned to the DW forums for new purposes and other things have gone on, but with that aside...

I have gotten my newer PC (1.67 GHZ, 256 megs SDRAM, 100 gigs HD space spanning two hard drives), and it CAME with an okay S3 ProSavage 8 AGP integrated GPU... Not all that great.

Come Christmas, I got a VisionTek Xtasy GeForce3 Ti200, and it has been working FLAWLESSLY up until about a month ago...

Problem?

The display will RANDOMLY stop mixing RGB channels correctly, I have chalked it down to my GPU, but so far it does not seem to be the problem... The same thing happened on another monitor, only it stopped mixing a different channel...

My display will randomly turn a tint of blue now, and I can tell it's not mixing a channel correctly because when I open the GeForce-specific display options, and try to change my red channel, it shows absolutely no effect whatsoever if I turn the adjustment for that channel all the way up to 100, or all the way down to 0.

This happens randomly for a period of time anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes, and then stops.

There are no other performance issues I have seen otherwise.

Could it possibly be my monitor's power supply? The other monitor I had didn't come with one so I switched them out... If it were my Video Card, wouldn't it in theory be permanently damaged and also show other symptoms like framerate loss, system lockups, crash, so on and so forth?

It also mysteriously seemed to happen AFTER I installed any version of DirectX 9...

you registered on the doomworld forums to ask a hardware question?

My display often goes yellow. It is the video cable, right at the base where the cable connects to the connector. Try another monitor and see if you still get the same symptoms. That will confirm it for you, and you can send your monitor off to get the cable fixed.

Liam:

It's Astewart, I got banned like a year ago because of posting a link to a site that carried the alpha... So some guy stalked me and hacked me on another game forum, and I came back here... I'm here to stay, unless I get banned again.

I didn't register to make ONE POST about hardware trouble, but I did do it here since the people at these forums are a lot smarter than VisionTek's or Nvidia's (non-existant) support/forums... Nvidia doesn't even have tech support and VisionTek no longer supports their Nvidia products... The faggots!

Anyways, talk to ya later.
Andy

heh, My monitor is started to die. Sometimes it flash purple. Hehe.

Don't mind that Registered just to make one post' title. It's just the basic title you get with your very first post here. In fact, it's already changed.

Torn said:

heh, My monitor is started to die. Sometimes it flash purple. Hehe.

That's your wang.