AniMatrix

AniMatrix  

20 members have voted

1. 1. AniMatrix

• OMG, its awsome!!!
    • Well, these toons are GoooD!!!
    • Hmm, its Ok...
    • No!!!

I only saw one; the one they showed at the start of Dreamcatcher. I didn't really like it but it wasn't all that bad to my appeal.

I'm sure 80% of the audience won't like those. I didn't find them all to be masterpieces, but I was really touched by the poetry of some.

I've only seen short clips from all the animations. I'd swear one of them uses some of the 'face models/textures' from the Final Fantasy film (i could be wrong).

Russell_P said:

I've only seen short clips from all the animations. I'd swear one of them uses some of the 'face models/textures' from the Final Fantasy film (i could be wrong).

The "last flight..." has been made by some of the FFM crew.

The Merovingian said:

I'm sure 80% of the audience won't like those. I didn't find them all to be masterpieces, but I was really touched by the poetry of some.

Ok, i liked some of them. But there were really bad ones, heh.

"Last flight..." - very good, but too short...
"Kid's story" - 2 suisidal and a bit stupid, but i like it for some reason...
"Beyond" - simple and goood...

others just... not that gooood, imwo...

Funny, I didn't like most of them, til I watched them again. The Kid story is probably my fav so far, but I have to admit "Beyond" is like... magic.
"The last flight..." was a bit disapointing imo from a screenplay point of view.

The Second Renaissance episodes were good... others were just okay.
They capture the feeling of another world quite well in these. Perhaps more importantly, it was finally some anime with intelligence behind it; or in other words, it was the first anime I've seen that I didn't think was complete garbage.

When they were telling the story of the "rise of the machines", how they came about, how the humans turned on them, etc... was the point to make the viewer side with the machines? Cuz when I watched I kept thinking "boy I'm glad the machines kicked those shitty humans asses, what a bunch of jerks". :p I dunno, some of 'em were pretty good, some of them were absolute shite. Heh, and on teh VHS version you'd think they woulda just put all the credits at the end, the meatheads.

OF COURSE the machines are right. You'd want to kill your neighbors too if they had rave parties every night.

Russell_P said:

Yep, same actors...

Little animated side stories to the Matrix plot. Gives a little background information, stuff like that.

So far I've only seen the four episodes released at http://www.intothematrix.com. Still looking for the DVD.

The Second Renaissance is brilliant. I was moved, disgusted, excited and shocked at it, some of the scenes really are brilliant and the animation/style is very good as well. The final battle between man and machine was almost as impressive as the first time I saw the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan... When a human soldier is held up by a machine and sees a nuclear missile detonate in the sky, something cracked inside of me. So fucking good.