Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ellmo

System Shock Total Conversion?

Anyone interested in making a Total Conversion based on Looking Glass' System Shock 2 ?

We couldshot some animation screens on the hybrids, cyborgs and annelids, weapons and items, and put some very climatic and complicated maps.

Anyone interested?

ellmo, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

That is very of-course, but I just put a question: will somebody HELP ME?! And it's pretty obvious I don't have anything for now... But I can make some System Shock 2 screenshots now if you want :)

Unfortunately nearly everyone is already busy with their own projects (check this thread to see what I mean), so sadly you're unlikely to get much - if any - help.

Yep, the chances are unfortunately quite slim that you will get someone to help you, and even slimmer that you actually manage to pull it off. If you start it up yourself and make 30-50% of the whole TC you will probably have a much higher chance of attracting a team though.

okay, anyone could remind me what was the adress for that grrreat *.wad texture site with Quake 2 textures and so on. Maybe I'll find SS2 textures out there.

Dunno if it is of any help to you, but XWE supports sprite and texture extraction from the original System Shock. Unfortunately most of the graphics are nowhere near the standard of SS2, but it's a resource you might want to look into anyway.

Just started extracting textures from very many different sources. Have about 160 now...

about 400 textures and flats (together), and started making first map. I have also extracted hundreds of Megs from the SS2 sounds. Anyone interested contact me, or post a reply. :D

ellmo said:

about 400 textures and flats (together), and started making first map. I have also extracted hundreds of Megs from the SS2 sounds. Anyone interested contact me, or post a reply. :D

You should consider that some people are still on 56k modem in this world. Unless it would be something greater than Millennium, Alien Vandetta or Rtc-3057, I suggest making a pack no more than 20-30 Mo MAX if you want people to play it.

He, Ellmo, don't feel too bad. They gave me a hard time when I suggested a SS1 TC. Join the club. I suck at mapping just like you, and I asked for help, too.

You realize Ellmo hasn't been here in over a year right? And that this thread is more than 7 years old right?

Craigs said:

You realize Ellmo hasn't been here in over a year right? And that this thread is more than 7 years old right?

How the hell was I supposed to know?

esselfortium said:

Because there are dates on all the posts? :-\

and you'd really have to dig for this thread too.

Do you have anyone for leveldesign yet?

I´m busy with my own WAD at this time but if you want,
I could make one or two maps for you, Ellmo.

Check out my maps, and if you like it I could help you.
I just need a raw WAD with textures and sprites,
because I have no knowledge about System Shock 2.

One of my Wip wads:http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/52364-moon-wad-for-zdoom-compatible-ports-w-i-p/