Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiGHTMARE

The Doom Beastiary

If you're anything like me, you really like the idea of brand new, Doomish looking creatures. Unfortunately, due to the time consuming nature of making them, all too few of them currently exist.

Well, The Doom Beastiary aims to change that. It's basically a kind of fan art site, because the enemies contained on it don't neccessarily exist for you to use in-game... they're just there because they happen to look pretty cool :)

Because it's really quite trivial to create a new enemy which only has a single frame, I'm hoping to get lots of submissions. So get drawing people! Just remember to check the submission guidelines before sending anything.

(Oh, and no-one need bother using the newproject tag here, because there already is stuff for people to look at - 16 creatures in fact ;) )

Hey that's a pretty cool idea. Some of your entries look pretty spiffy too. The only thing is I suspect it'll be a little frustrating not actually getting to play against most of these. Oh well, fun to look at anyway.

I guess if people wanted to actually play against them, they could use their stats in the doom role playing game (Doom: The Next Chapter - by Rick Clark which you can find in the games section of this site http://home.grandecom.net/~rickclark58/ ).

BTW, the Bazooka Guy just shows up as a little red cross instead of the actual graphic.

Enjay: thanks, didn't notice that! It's fixed now :)

Assmaster: looking forward to what you come up with... ;)

Blackfish: as long as you don't mind them only having 1 frame, then yes ;)

Assmaster: not really. As long as they still look "Doom-y" they're fine.

Heh, i have fire imps in ultimate hell that look just like that, except they dont have any extra spines...
but they do shoot big red skull things which do quite a bit of damage XD

Edit: Okay, i sent you a bunch of monsters!, they iz
Fire imp (my version XD, i called it a 'young fire imp')
Nightmare spectre
Super imp (deathz0r had a different version which inspired mine..)
Head spider
Super revenant
Storm demon
Watchman (a weaker relative to the hellknight)

Just sent you one Nick. Please keep in mind that this is my first sprite ever. Hope it's not too bad.

OK, I've sent 4 in this afternoon:

Aerial Imp
Cyber Knight
Electro Demon
Imp Serpent

Hopefully there'll be something in there worth putting in the beastiary.

Hey, BlueSonnet, a big improvement to your site would be previews of the doom skins you've got for download. (assuming that is your site)

Enjay said:

Hey, BlueSonnet, a big improvement to your site would be previews of the doom skins you've got for download. (assuming that is your site)

Yeah that's what i've been thinking. Animated gifs of my skins. My main concern about my site at the moment has been file space. Thanx for reminding me anyway.

BTW do these entries have to be 256 colors?

BlueSonnet said:

BTW do these entries have to be 256 colors?

Well I lack teh HTML skills, so I have to use Netscape Composer to make the site... and I think it only supports .gif (max 256 colours) and .jpg (shite for non-photos), though I could be wrong and it supports .png

No, I can convert it easily :)

BTW, ta everyone for all the new sprites, they should be up tommorow.

Okay i'm just about to send my entries.

Wraithknight
Warknight
Gammademon
Neocaco

edit: you have have to change the file format manually nightmare.

Just sent in a Plague Imp. :-)

Edit: Heh, this is pretty good fun. I just sent in a "Spidubus" too. I think that will do me for the moment. Nick's inbox will be getting full of my junk.

Whoa, this is a cool idea... although the aerial imp is evolutionary garbage :D... oh, it must be related to insects then since it just grew a 3rd pair of appendages and still has arms.

Does anyone know of some good levels with new weird or modified monsters? Where can I get them, and which port do they work best in, and are there any weird extra files I need or something so they work?

It should be cool if you put a link to download these that are eight sided fully animated

Bah, you didnt include the storm demon, that was my favorite heh

(oh, and i can send the stats of speed and power for my demons attacks if you like)