Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
revenant_fister

Monster Background/ Info

Anyone know where I can find info on the ID intended background stories to the monsters in Doom/ Doom 2? Like where did the arachnotrons come from and how do they relate to hell spawn?

Or any info on the inspiration/ thinking behind them?

Heh, that first link was used in the newest version of Kickstart.

On October 10, 1994, DOOM II: Hell on Earth was released in the U.S. and in Great Britain. DOOM II’s initial release was over half-million copies – it continues to set new sales records, having sold over 2 million copies with no end in sight.

Apparently this author's never heard of the Sims. Can we get an update, please? How old is that thing, anyway? Not that I don't love it. Mmm . . . warm and fuzzy. (Ew.)

Heh, that's a cool document at doom2.net. Entirely plausible. I always thought it would be cool if Lost Souls became Pain Elementals in a similar way to how a caterpillar becomes a butterfly.

Well apparently the DOOM3 trailer shows lost souls becoming zombies. Kind of a let down I suppose.

Hey fister, if you're still looking for information, I have a very complete bio of every monster. I got it from some website at one point and if you email me at monolith5000@hotmail.com I could send it to you. That all depends if you think you have enough info, though. If not, feel free. It's a good 21 pages long, including pictures and offical names.

Though if you actually watch the doom 3 trailer it shows skull-like objects (NOT lost souls) turning a security gaurd into a zombie, not lost souls turning into zombies, unless this is another trailer ive not seen heh