• SSG
    • Nailgun
    • Super Nailgun
    • Grenade Launcher
    • Rocket Launcher
    • Lightning Gun
    • Never played Quake/don\'t like it

Yeah, good to be back after so long.
Anyway, been playing a lot of Quake here recently, and I have to ask what's your fave Quake weapon? (I'm assuming you've played Quake and know the weapons from the game.)

Rocket launcher, but not quite for the reasons as you might think. Sure, it's exceedingly powerful with Quad Damage, and even super strong without, but it also has one very overlooked feature. It can be shot through the narrowest of spaces. The actual sprite has to be something like 4x4 in size, because I can hit things from places no one would possibly consider (perfect for killing sentry guns in Team Fortress, heheh).

A close second is the super shotgun. The only problem with the rocket launcher is that it's very weak against Shamblers. This is where the super shotgun comes in. While other weapons may be more effective against Shamblers, they either eat up too much ammo (super nailgun) or there isn't much ammo for it in the game (thunderbolt). If you're close enough and fairly lucky, a super shotgun might even gib a Zombie.

I dident like any of the quake weapons, I thought they all looked stupid. The only one I kind of liked was the shotgun just because I love shotguns in general but it was dumb how it pumped on its own???.

Needs more impse.

And rocket launcher, sounds nice and meaty.

the RL is the only quake weapon which has a really good feel.

grenade launcher. i used to hate the thing but now it's the only thing i can use proficiently (especially in QTF)

it's also the only grenade launcher i can stand in any FPS (i think the HLTF, quake2, and quake3 ones don't fire far enough)

Grogglogobofink said:

it's also the only grenade launcher i can stand in any FPS (i think the HLTF, quake2, and quake3 ones don't fire far enough)

Heh... Try the Serious Sam grenade launcher. You can damn near put those things over the horizon.

I really liked the lightning gun. It was a new kind of weapon for me then, although it's been ripped off repeatedly since.

Thunderbolt all the way. Pentagram + Thunderbolt + water + deathmatch = boom time baby.

Thunderbolt gun? Well thanks for spoiling the whole entire game for me!

Anyway Super Nailgun.

Super Nailgun. It's just so savage.The grenade launcher comes in second.

Thunderbolt + water combo in deathmatch is über cheesy. but I must admit I've done it.

heh rocket launcher because dm becomes insane with it. i perfer q2's rocket laucher's look though, it's so much cooler. the super nail gun, thunderbolt and super shotgun were sweet too. and i admit the grenade launcher is the best in any game.

DooMBoy said:

Yeah, good to be back after so long.

Heh, sorry, I forgot about you :P

It depends, I think they're all good for certain situations and the weapon selection is quite well-balanced overall. If I had to choose only 1 weapon to run through the entire game with, it would probably be the super nailgun. Although, the laser gun from the first expansion pack would be my first choice if they were an option.

Super Nailgun. It feels so good just punching them out through stuff, uses ammo like a bitch though.

Super nailgun, also for me. Especially in combination with good speakers or headphones. I sometimes cheat to get more ammu for this weapon, heh. I don´t take Quake very serious, I like Doom, Heretic and HeXen more. Everytime I play Quake, it becomes annoying after some time, despite there are some very good maps available.

Have you ever tried those "Aura Interactor" sound vests or backpacks? You wear them either on your body or place them in the seat. There is a little subwoover built into the vests, so every sound produces vibration. The level of this "vibration feedback" be adjusted through the included amplifier. Believe me, you will love it. Costs you around $15,- on eBay.

http://www.migman.com/hw/sound/AuraInteractor/AuraInteractor.htm

Super nailgun also . To me it fells like the only weapon with the right "weight". (i.e. feels good to wield in a tight situation).

Well I guess I'll be strange and different and vote for the Super Shotgun. I especially love using this little gem up close on the rottweilers and Grunts, after they've been plugged with the normal shotty or have been sliced with the axe. Gibs ahoy!

Ahh man, the lightning gun water kills were great, if there was 2 or more people in the water with you. Such fun. I used to play with the reaperbot mod every day.... the first decent bot there ever was in an fps IIRC, and then the author went to work on Unreal.

What were the weapons in mission pack 2 like? I've only got the first one.