Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have HacX, when I play it in ZDoomGL (You know, using the "-file hacx.wad" command on the shortcut) I get at least 3 "bugs".

1. Corpses on the floor (not the ones that I've killed, they appear to be part of the map) are solid and sometimes block hallways/tunnels. Is there an option that I can turn off/on to make it so that these aren't solid?

2. Some sprites like chairs, lamps, etc. appear to fall over indefinitely (or at least rotate on it's x axis indefinitely). Why do they rotate and what do I do to get them to stop?

3. #2 Appears ALOT. 95% of the time this appears in places where they shouldn't be.

Sir Phoenixx said:

I have HacX, when I play it in ZDoomGL (You know, using the "-file hacx.wad" command on the shortcut) I get at least 3 "bugs".

1. Corpses on the floor (not the ones that I've killed, they appear to be part of the map) are solid and sometimes block hallways/tunnels. Is there an option that I can turn off/on to make it so that these aren't solid?

2. Some sprites like chairs, lamps, etc. appear to fall over indefinitely (or at least rotate on it's x axis indefinitely). Why do they rotate and what do I do to get them to stop?

3. #2 Appears ALOT. 95% of the time this appears in places where they shouldn't be.

Hacx uses a heavily modified version of the Doom.exe so to use the WAD with a source port you'd need a .deh patch. There is one for Hacx but unfortunately I have no idea where to get it.

I think there's actually a "fixed" version of Hacx, which is compatible with the ports (i.e. it has a DEHACKED lump and other nice stuff). Dunno where to get it though, but there's probably a ling somewhere on DW.

I dunno about this hacx wad, I havent tried it. but if you look at hacx.deh and it contains plain readable text do this

zdoomgl -file hacx.wad -deh hacx.deh

I've tried that already, most of it is fixed...

The only thing is that the ceiling lights in a few spots are sitting on the floor (and they block a few paths), and the corpses are still solid and block certain places. I've got whacked and dehacked, what value(s) do I need to change to put the lights on the ceiling where they go and make the corpses not solid?

(btw, that's not hacx's homepage (http://www.doomwadstation.suhost.com/hacx/hacx.html), hacx's homepage is http://www.sonic.net/~nostromo/hacx)