Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ixfd64

story scenarios for Master Levels and Maximum Doom

Well, I got bored, so I wrote story scenarios for Master Levels for Doom II and Maximum Doom.

They're probably crappy, but here goes...

For Master Levels

Five months after the dreadful Earth invasion, the military and the U.A.C. decided to sign a contract in which the military and the U.A.C. would share facilities on Earth's Moon. The government gave you a free vacation to be grateful. While taking a nap on the cruise ship CC Mercury en route to Hawai'i, you had nightmares about scientists and soldiers on the moon being killed.

Two weeks after, your vacation was over and you headed back to your U.A.C. base for a boring day. But as you enter the command building, you feel something wrong as you detect the dead calmness and the smell of flesh. Live bloody flesh. You knew it. Your nightmares were true. Suddenly you remembered the dimension gates to Titan, one of Saturn's moons.

You then see thousands of dead bodies and people turned into demons.
You grab a pistol from a dead soldier. It's time for bloody revenge.

For Maximum Doom

The year is 2906 A.D., and the U.A.C. has created a giant force field generator to balance Mercury's atmosphere to ideal conditions. This was also beleived to stop demons from entering. Gravely wrong. On October 31, 2912, while going to the annual U.A.C. Halloween party, you see blood. You think it was just the decorations. But when you see the bones and smell carnage, you realize that it is real. Halloween is sometimes called "The Day of the Dead." Time to kick some demon ass for spoiling the party.

For fun, I also added stories for Co-op and DM play!

Co-op:

After the invasion, you join up with the other surviving soldiers and seek revenge together.

Deathmatch:

Somehow, the powers of Hell gained the ability to control the minds of you and your comrades, making you kill each other. In this case, only the strongest ones survive.

The stories are good, but they don't fit with Master Levels.

Maximum doom: You have killed off the evil icon of sin and have escaped from hell, now you have volunteered to help clean up various places on earth and around the solar system which are still infested by surviving demons. You realise that somehow the demons have warped these bases and cities and buildings to make them have pointless grey coridoors, walls that look 'shifted' where the bricks and panels dont line up, and they have hidden essential doors you need to use to escape the area and made them look the same as the walls, not to mention they have somehow put water and gravel on ceilings, and marked areas out in the open as 'secret' XD

How about something along the lines of Shadowgate 64? That game was awesome!

For anything

After going through the desert on your caravan carrying weed from India to China, you must pass through the Chinese Customs. You thought you could hide your weed from them, but their dogs sniff you and find the weed stash. $2,000,000-worth of weed! So they slam you in jail, and now the whole object of life is to escape. However, two million bucks worth of weed gets you in the highest-security prison they can afford. You're in the middle of a maze, filled with switches, traps, and enemies. And you're gonna get your way out of this giant pagoda.

Along the way, you will find more weed in the prison's cleverly hidden secret areas. If you 100% all secrets, you will recover your entire weed stash, and unlock a new (dare I say psychedelic?) ending.

Episode One: Escaping the giant cell-block
Episode Two: Breaking out of the big jail
Episode Three: Making it back home
Final Level: Fight 3 Cyberdemons in a HUGE arena.

Maximum doom: You have killed off the evil icon of sin and have escaped from hell, now you have volunteered to help clean up various places on earth and around the solar system which are still infested by surviving demons. You realise that somehow the demons have warped these bases and cities and buildings to make them have pointless grey coridoors, walls that look 'shifted' where the bricks and panels dont line up, and they have hidden essential doors you need to use to escape the area and made them look the same as the walls, not to mention they have somehow put water and gravel on ceilings, and marked areas out in the open as 'secret' XD

Dude, that's always exactly what I thought! Except for the smart Alek comments amount the crappy design. :)

Hm, Maximum Doom is just a compilation of 3.000 levels, with no serious intention to provide a homogeneous, thick and complete plot/story. It is more or less like those "D!Zone" or "Demon Gate CDs". Only one level is renown for not being available somewhere else, since it is from a member of the id team. Writing a story for those would be very, very, well - difficult.

BTW: If you have the ID Anthology and are on a PC, you will notice that Maximum Doom is not included on the PC compatible Doom CD (CD number 2 in the set). But wait, hehe: Maximum Doom is included on the Mac CD, which is CD number 4 :)

Cannot read Mac HFS CDs? Here is a free tool that gives you access to CDs that are only in plain MAC native HFS and neither in ISO 9660 or hybrid Mac/PC file format:

http://www.pctip.ch/downloads/dl/18458.asp
(description in German, but there is a screenshot)

developerĀ“s homepage:
http://gamma.nic.fi/~lpesonen/HFVExplorer/

City2.wad in maximum doom is actually pretty cool (for the era it was made in anyway), and seems like a sorta mission the doomguy might volunteer for after escaping hell, helping to clear up at least 2 or 3 large cities which havent been too badly damaged to rehouse some of earths population, while soldiers use the outskirts to set up defences and bases to strike out into the 'wilderness' and attack the demons

*braps*

Well, that was a fun trip down "WTF Lane" -- shall we go next to "OMGWTFBBW Boulevard" next? This belongs in the fanfics area. Not only that, but my desire to debate Doom related stories (the merit of giving Doom a storyline and pitting it against Half-Life's, etc) is next to nil so I'll just leave it at that.

/me bitches some more and then whacks

P.S. Oh, and sorry for stepping on anyone's toes. Heh.