Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vile1011

Help me think of a name.

First off, I'd like to say thank you for liking my wad. It even got the frontpage screenshot, and at least two people think it's worth 4 stars, so that's cool.

Anyway, my current wad takes place in a giant power plant situated in the middle of the ocean. It's several towers stretch all the way to the ocean floor and to the clouds as well. It works by harnessing the planet's own geothermal energy, and gives electricity to some 70% of the world. Sadly demons have got a hold of it and they're using it to hold open a portal to their dimension.

I need some suggestions for a cool name for this power plant. I can't think of any!

Global Energy Operations (or GEO, which could also be short for geothermal).

The power plant XD

Or how about "Atlantis energy facility" or "Pacific geothermal unit" (or whatever ocean it is in)

Leviathan does indeed sound good because of:

The inherent demonic connotation.
The relation to the open sea.
The fact that the facility will be humongous.

Nanami said:

What about just "Leviathan?"

The Leviathan Power Station

OI! That's the name of my PC in progress!

Heh you can take that actually. I'm currently looking for a name better than just leviathon doom.

I seem to have a knack for stealing the names of other projects without knowing it. I made a level called Dream.wad and someone said "HEY! I was going to make a level called that!"

Some nice suggestions here. I'd offer a prize to the coolest name if I had anything to give.

And curse my inability to make small levels. This power plant is freakin huge, and very non-linear too. I came up with a cool system that allows for a lot of exploration without a lot of backtracking.

Here's how it works: Your ultimate goal is to cross through the portal into Hell, retrieve a stolen keycard, return to the plant, and shut down the power (thus closing the portal). Although the portal is accessible early on, demons will be pouring out of it like a waterfall. There will be way too many to fight, and you won't even be able to go within fifty feet of it without being demolished. Thankfully, scattered around the facility are a number of emergency shutoff switches. Each one lowers the power a little bit, and thus weakens the portal. The more switches you find, the slower the flow of demons will be. If you find all of them, you can just mozey up to the portal with no trouble.

Most pathways eventually lead back to a common hub, so there's little fear of getting lost. The switches aren't hidden at all, and finding more is simply a matter of doing more exploration. When you've had enough you can hit the portal and see if the flow of monsters is slow enough to allow you to slip in.

There's also an awesome Spider Mastermind fight that I won't spoil any further.

SmellyOgre said:

Sounds great so far, oh and what was your other wads name?

My other wad is vile_dead. You can also find it in the newstuff page, its official title is "Castle of the Dead".

And I would sell my right leg if I could recover my older wads, which is impossible since they're on computers that no longer exist.

BlackFish said:

if you click boris's sig and use the name generator, you might get a good title...

or not.

You mean ling's name generator, what boris have is a MAP IDEA generator.

gemini09 said:

You should make maps for my project, you know.

gemini09, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Vile1011: have you decided on a name yet?

BTW, you could always ask pritch to donate one of his cookies for the prize...

I like Global Energy Operations, since that's GEO and the thing sucks up geothermal energy and all, and I also think Leviathan is a cool word, so I'm going to think of some way to combine the two.

And Gemini, since I can't make maps that are less than twenty billion square feet in radius, I probably won't have time to make one for you. Sorry.

The maps about halfway done I guess. I'm working on the "Hell" portion now, which is to be the climactic final battle, followed by a rush back to the power plant to shut it off.

Maybe use something like Project: Leviathan in the story?

If anyone cares, I've decided that the structure will be called the Poseidon Energy Facility, or just Poseidon for short, built and maintained by Global Energy Operations(GEO). The wad is going along nicely and I'll probably need playtesters soon. I'll let you all know when it's ready to test.