Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hmmm... can't imagine that any of you DoomWorlders are progressive rock fans, but I'm still curious to know if any of you have been to NEARFest, or even heard of it. It's a two day Prog Rock concert featuring ten bands. It's in Trenton, NJ (Yeah, shitty place, I know). There was some wierd shit there, probably not for anyone who doesn't like listening to new things that you're totally unprepared for. Anyway, did anyone go? Or do I stand alone?

some of it's ok

how about a url or a list of the bands that'll play

too lazy to google yo

I've never heard of Nearfest, but I live in the UK so it's probably no surprising. I'm off to the Beyond the Border festival in south wales this weekend, although I doubt I'll venture far from the camra tent ;)

Never heard about those bands. When you said progressive rock I thought something along the lines of Emerson Lake & Palmer... right?

you mean liek limp biscuit or linking park right???? id ont like that it is too loud

NEARFest is once a summer, and is pretty much organized through prog rock forums. As far as recognizing the bands go, unless it's YES or Jethro Tull, most people have never heard of them.

The bands who played there this year:

Kraan
Camel
The Flower Kings
Glass Hammer
High Wheel (Or something like that)
SleepyTime Gorilla Museum
Magma

And, uh.... three other bands, whos names I can't remember.Most of them were from Europe, so even if you're in the UK you may still recognize them.