Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Screw Driver

Old school 3D DOOM multiplayer

Hello everyone, the subject of my post is somewhat misleading to an extent but that is exactly what it is. Actually, I do not know if it is or not, but then, if I knew the answer to my question, there would not be much of a point, if any, to asking it. Now that I've confused quite a few of you, myself included, I will get to it. Years ago, like five or so, I was in a games store. You know the table top miniature variety looking at above all else, stuff. Ok, I was into BATTLE TECH at the time, the pc version, and I was just discovering the table top games and what not. So I was browsing the store, and I remember seeing small booster packages of lead DOOM figures, or some other metal. I paid it no heed as I only recognized DOOM being a neato comp game but nothing else. Hey, I was like 9 at the time or something. What I would care to know is what this is all about. I do not recall it ever being made into anything but a vid game, pc and other. Can anyone give me any background on this? Tnx.

Thankyou IMJack for the link, but what was this thing. Were these just little collectible mini things fans of the game could buy and set next to their computer or something else?

I have the pewter Cyberdemon. It came with the iD Anthology. I don't know about buying any of those seperately, my guess is they're quite rare. The cyber I have is not of great quality though, it's pretty cheaply made I think.

Also those miniatures are all good, but they sadly are interpretations of the Doom Monsters. That "Baron of Hell" looks like he's stoned.

I like these miniature. Wish jDoom models looked more like these.

pritch said:

I have the pewter Cyberdemon. It came with the iD Anthology. I don't know about buying any of those seperately, my guess is they're quite rare.

I have the Cybie too (also from Anthology). As far as the rest of the figures go - rare is correct. About 2 years ago a guy from a local role playing and wargaming store tried to track them down for me. The guy is obsessed with "lead" miniatures and knows many of the manufacturers. He says he spoke to reaper to find out about availability or even the possibility of a one off casting as a favour. The answer was the line is discontinued and the moulds no longer exist.

Of course, he could have been a self deluding, self important geek with no more influence than one of the bugs on my windshield. You know what these role playing types are like. :-)