Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

get it here

doom64_abstin.exe: contains the wad, configuration and all that jazz
d64mus.wad: contains the music, d64mus-s.wad contains it in somewhat lower quality (optional)
kickstart2beta.exe: update of the old jdoom launcher with support for doom64, and
deng-inst-1.7.10.exe: newest version of jdoom.

enjoy. i myself can't finish a map or load a savegame without jdoom crashing on me heh.

Doesn't look like an official release... are you SURE you're authorized to give this link?

striker posted that link, he apparently had permission to mirror it and said he was allowed to link to it this morning, and well, <StRiKeR> its morning!

not to mention july 1st was the release date i had heard from others earlier.

Striker was the one who said July 1 from what I remember, and until we know for sure that this is in fact the official release, I'm going to remove the link as a precaution. Besides, when it is finally released, we will likely hear about it in the News forum.

Ichor said:

until we know for sure that this is in fact the official release, I'm going to remove the link as a precaution

okay, fair enough. i don't need melfice and elbryan plotting to kill me anyway =P

and it's nice to see you got your promotion :)

<olo_floof> i've wanted to bump ichor up to supermod for a while || <SargeBaldy> oooh || <SargeBaldy> good idea

I can assure you thats the OFFICIAL release, you will see in a few hours though.....

I don't doubt you, but just to be on the safe side, let's wait until the official announcement.

Imp said:

yes i talked to the guy who made it on aim. It will be released today.

The Doom 64 team have coalesced into one person? Weird but cool! =P

NiGHTMARE said:

The Doom 64 team have coalesced into one person? Weird but cool! =P

The guy in charge.

Edit: This guy elbryan42

Now it's official, heheh.

...restores link, and starts waiting to get home so he can play it...

I had a quick game. Looked ok, but looks more like quake than doom for some reason - I guess that's just how DooM64 was. The intro' is pretty cool.

I guess it's Jdoom arsing me about but the menu gfx are all messed up. It's a damn pain in the arse as I can't see where to change the controls. Anyone know how to fix it ?

I had no problems with it. Do you have the latest version of JDOOM? You can change the controls by hitting ESC then options,then controls....

I updated the front page

this will probably be entertaining

The Flange Peddler said:

I assumed I could change the controls in the options menu... The point is the option menu graphics are all garbled so I have no idea what is what.

Are you sure you installed it right and have the latest version of JDOOM?

Grogglogobofink said:

enjoy. i myself can't finish a map or load a savegame without jdoom crashing on me heh.

It could be a rendering issue on your PC (not everyone else's) - if you're using OpenGL, switch to Direct3D and try that. (I had similar trouble with savegames in JHexen, but I tried Direct3D instead of OpenGL and it was fine).

The Ultimate DooMer said:

It could be a rendering issue on your PC (not everyone else's) - if you're using OpenGL, switch to Direct3D and try that. (I had similar trouble with savegames in JHexen, but I tried Direct3D instead of OpenGL and it was fine).

thanks, i'll try that!

Also, in map01, Staging Area, loading a game saved on that map crashes the game. We were unable to work around it.

I don't wanna see "MAJOR BUG FOUND!!' on these forums unless Doomsday crashed and nuked half of Detroit.

/me downloads.

I've played Doom64 before so this should be fun. Only an hour and 17 minutes left on the download! And then I have to download Doomsday of course.

I don't wanna see "MAJOR BUG FOUND!!'

heh, this isnt a GTA3 forum

(If it was, the post would have a subtitile saying "100% sur its not bin found!", and the post will be like "In teh gaem you can steal cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!omg!")