Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dorinsa

How the hell do you beat TNT30 - Last Call?

I've been playing Final Doom for coming on seven years and I still can't beat this freakin' level. The monsters are cake, but I just can't figure out how to kill the gatekeeper without using cheats. I'm aware of the bug in Pharoah, where id forgot to put in a yellow key. Is this a similar case with Last Call? I would kill to know the answer.

No bug, but you need to aim a little lower than you'd expect. The place where the rockets go in is kind of through its nose (IIRC, you need to be one step lower than you'd expect).

That's it??!! All these years and I was just a step too high?! Damn you, id, you tricky bastards!

Oh and by the way, thanks for your help, Grazza.

It's really quite simple (and maybe a little cheesy) once you figure out what to do. Once you get into the room with the Icon of Sin, go up the stairs, but not quite to the top. Try to get yourself onto the railing. Then drop down to the switch with the rocket launcher behind it. Hit the switch and some stairs will rise up behind you. Now this is the strange part. Go up the stairs, but not all the way, maybe the second or third step from the top. Now, instead of aiming at the brain like usual, aim for the space right between the eyes, just above the nose. In stead of exploding, the rocket will go right through the wall and hit the Romero head. The only problems you will have are the monsters directly in front of you (rockets tend to autoaim down towards them isntead of flying straight), and the monsters behind you (cheap shots in the back). In both cases, just clear them out with a few BFG shots and resume firing rockets at the Icon of Sin until it's dead.

I knew I should have done the short version, heheh.

Dorinsa said:

That's it??!! All these years and I was just a step too high?! Damn you, id, you tricky bastards!

Oh and by the way, thanks for your help, Grazza.

id?. Can you say teamtnt. id didn't have anything to do with that wad really.