Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deldelda

Anyone else here like dance music?

You mean like the hand-jive?

I think Kompressor is kinda danceable, even though KOMPRESSOR DOES NOT DANCE.

Airraid: ravers are for techno, not dance :)

insertwackynamehere: the dance scene has gone through a fair few changes since that type of music was around. I think that song is well over a decade old now, though I'm not entirely sure.

Sorry, I forgot to put ";-) lollololo" (i hate that kind of music and was being sarcastic. This makes scense since I hate parties also, and always leave feeling like I've wasted a lot of time, unless it's with people I know)

I listen to many things, Metal(My fave), punk, pop, rap, and even theater, but Dance sucks! (IMHO...)

TeamKill said:

Yeah, dance music is cool. Without it, I couldn't play DDR and attract crowds at the arcade.

Bag isn't a dance song but it sure gets a crowd when I full combo it at maniac with no speed mod ;) But yeah, dance is good (also DDR).

i like some house stuff and a lot of idm.

Tobester said:

No. No one in this existence of Doomworld likes dance music.

lol

Tobester said:

No. No one in this existence of Doomworld likes dance music.

So that's why I've been into it since 1992, then.

NiGHTMARE said:

the dance scene has gone through a fair few changes since that type of music was around. I think that song is well over a decade old now, though I'm not entirely sure.

It certainly has, from the mad days of 92 through to the trance-mad days of today. Shame it's becoming too commercial, though. (too many commercial trance acts nowadays)

BTW, that tune is 13 years old, now.

Dance Music? are you refering to Techno? I don't mean that druggie bullshit Rave, but the types of techno found in clubs and shit...right?

then no

Rubilacxe said:

Dance Music? are you refering to Techno (like House and stuff)? I don't mean that druggie bullshit Rave, but the types of techno found in clubs and shit...right?

then no

Rubilacxe said:

Dance Music? are you refering to Techno? I don't mean that druggie bullshit Rave, but the types of techno found in clubs and shit...right?

then no

I think he means all types, techno is just one of many. (and you don't need drugs to enjoy any form of dance music)

Actually, techno isn't a type of dance music, they're both a type of electronica. Same with electronic industrial (not metal industrial though, obviously), ambient, drum 'n' base, breakbeat, house, garage, trance, etc.

Well, I tend to count them all as dance, after all they have that one thing in common.

BTW, has 'you fail it' become a banned expression in this particular forum? (or was it the flames that followed that caused the mass deleting)

NiGHTMARE said:

Actually, techno isn't a type of dance music, they're both a type of electronica. Same with electronic industrial (not metal industrial though, obviously), ambient, drum 'n' base, breakbeat, house, garage, trance, etc.

exactly :)

The Ultimate DooMer said:

BTW, has 'you fail it' become a banned expression in this particular forum? (or was it the flames that followed that caused the mass deleting)

No, it hasn't. I deleted a post that seemed to have caused some people great offence, and led to an exchange of four-letter words (I also deleted those responses). I thought this made sense as a way to stop the thread degenerating quickly into PH material.

Unfortunately you quoted the original comment at just the same time I was deleting them, so I felt that the quote and the YFI image response needed to be trimmed too.

Actually, "You Fail It" in Inuktitut (Inuit language) is something I'm considering as my custom title.

Ultraviolet said:

You mean like the hand-jive?

Bloody smeg. And I thought the singer was saying, "Mangina...Mangina..."

*EDIT* Dance remixes make suicide look like a reasonable option as opposed to have sex with Vice President Dick Cheney.

Why do DJs have to turn classics to utter shite by remixing them? Eg. Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen.

Trance is an excellent sub-division of this genre. I strongly urge everyone with the time to read this post to check it out.

SmellyOgre said:

These music threads are gay.

Shut up.

Yeah I like dance, I prefer out-and-out quality techno though. The Prodge, Orbital, Underworld etc.

doomedout said:

Trance is an excellent sub-division of this genre. I strongly urge everyone with the time to read this post to check it out.

Trance is ok, but not if it's too cheesy and commercial, like a lot of acts (DJ Sammy etc.) these days.

NiGHTMARE said:

You can't really dance to ambient though :)

True, but what I meant was they all have a danceable beat, get played in clubs and are produced electronically (to rule out metal genres) so IMO they count as dance.

Grazza said:

No, it hasn't. I deleted a post that seemed to have caused some people great offence, and led to an exchange of four-letter words (I also deleted those responses). I thought this made sense as a way to stop the thread degenerating quickly into PH material.

Personally, I think that's the right way to go, as it's a perfectly normal thread that doesn't really deserve to visit PH just because someone caused a few insults to fly around. Removing all traces of a flamewar is better than throwing it into PH straightaway (even though my 'you fail it' image got caught at the end of it).

No, I do not like dance music, and what's more, I can't dance. So there.