Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
jetflock

strife.

I'm not sure if anyone is interested in helping out with my TC, but I was thinking about starting a new project along the lines of Strife ( the coolest thing to be made with the DooM engine). I would probly do most of the animation and share level construction, but I would need people who can code ( Legacy is my fav source port). Would anyone be interested atleast discussing this?

-jet
doom_forever@hotmail.com
http://www.geocities.com/rasputin1980/doomforever.html

i have strife. i meant, to make some kind of shooter with a comicbook kinda storyline, with rpg elements or something. speaking of which, maybe somebody should make some kind of multiplayer rpg kinda thing for doom? that would be fun.

Someone should do a Strife TC, seeing as it's all possible with scripting now, and hardly anyone can play it with sound, or in a decent resolution.

...and hardly anyone can play it with sound...

I always thought I was the only one with that problem! Is there a fix for that?

...multiplayer rpg kinda thing for doom...

You mean like a 3D tibia.com]tibia? Yes that would be fantastic!!!

EDIT:
# jetflock:
check out this thread. GameArena is looking for a artist and you're looking for a coder! How perfect...
He might help you out if you ask him

Ultraviolet AKA Faint is working on a Strife TC for Zdoom.

I say working. Perhaps I should say "working" 'cause I've no idea if he's managed to get past the planning stage or not. He's certainly talked about it for quite some time now.

Any news UV?

UH

Strife TC = Strife IWAD with zdoom effects.

you cant do any real work

what are you gonna do

play the game and do a rom dump and rip what you can from that? :P

Tobester said:

Strife TC = Strife IWAD with zdoom effects.

Well, yes and no. The levels can be used, but only the architechture is transferable into another engine. All line types and moving setors would have to be re-done. The texture format is different, but at least Zdoom supports that now. The enemies would have to be done via approximations using dehacked. The weapons likewise. The scripting is different, and so would have to be re-written in ACS. I'm sure there is much more that would also have to be done before a reasonably true TC could be done.

jetflock, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Also, the difficult part would be getting the RPG features into ZDoom. You'd need to be pretty amazing to be able to accomplish that (like the Korax Heritage team did for the Korax mod)

Enjay said:

Well, yes and no. The levels can be used, but only the architechture is transferable into another engine. All line types and moving setors would have to be re-done. The texture format is different, but at least Zdoom supports that now. The enemies would have to be done via approximations using dehacked. The weapons likewise. The scripting is different, and so would have to be re-written in ACS. I'm sure there is much more that would also have to be done before a reasonably true TC could be done.

Yeah I know. You basically typed what I meant but didn't type cause I was lazy.

Most of it wouldnt be that hard.

Also, the difficult part would be getting the RPG features into ZDoom. You'd need to be pretty amazing to be able to accomplish that (like the Korax Heritage team did for the Korax mod)

Luckily strife didn't have character stats iirc, so the rest is doable with ACS or FS.... We've already seen a scripted conversation system in Zdoom and I have a pretty decent one in Rust. So it would just be a long and arduous task, but not an especially difficult one.

ToXiCFLUFF said:

Luckily strife didn't have character stats iirc, so the rest is doable with ACS or FS....

The Strife Manual said:

Stats

Your character has two stats that can improve - stamina and accuracy. Completing missions is the most common way to increase your stats. Use the Z key to bring up the stats screen and see your current values. If you have stat vouchers in your inventory, visit the front's medic and weapons trainer to redeem them.

Stamina: Increased stamina means you can have more than 100 health.

Accuracy: Increased accuracy means your weapons will fire more accurately.