• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Rubilacxe

Favorite Hexen Class?

Your favorite or best class in Hexen?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Your favorite or best class in Hexen?

• Fighter
    • Cleric
    • Mage

Even more useless fluff

I prefer the Cleric. I have friends over and we hook up the old N64 and turn on Hexen and I can totally dominate the match with him. 2 words...Poison and Wraithverge.

For some real laughs, try these:

As a cleric, use a flechette or two, then when someone comes nearby, use a Disc of Repulsion to blast that poison cloud at him. I've noticed that if I do this to enemies, they die almost instantly (and using the extreme death framese). I'm sure it will work on human opponents. This doesn't work with poison mushrooms, since the clouds they spawn can't be blasted away.

This may not always work because of its randomness, but it's fun when it does. Launch a Dark Servant, then use a Banishment Device to send it to another part of a map. If you're lucky, it will appear near an unsuspecting opponent.

Use a Disc of Repulsion to blast people off of cliffs is loads of fun (assuming they don't have any Chaos Devices, heheh). Also, they can blast their own homing attacks back at them.

As for my favorite class, I really don't have one, although this would have to be my favorite weapon.

yeah, the cleric is pretty sweet. the wraithverge kicks ass out of all the weapons, especially if you use it to maximize the damage.
his fire hands (forget the name) seem a bit weak compared to the other two classes green mana weapons.

I like the fighther for his pure strenth, but long range creatures are annoying, especially in the first hub. ever try to get through (or to for that matter) bright crucible on skill 5? I died so many times trying, but I made it.

The mage is the best if you are patient, through the whole game I almost always used the saphire wand. I don't like frost shards, and death arc uses up a lot of mana.

I always liked the cleric though. mostly for his flechette effects.

I too played it for N64, finished all three classes on skill 5 over the summer. played one class after another. lovely game.

I like this game better than doom for some reason.

edit: yeah, discs of repulsion make the cleric easy to kill if he is using the wraithverge.

Cleric. Why? Wraithverge.

Though it's sometimes nice to play as the mage, since it makes the stages before you get any decent weapons a bit less painful.

Cleric - Why, a good balance of weapon types and strength.

I still find only 4 weapons per class frustrating though. IMO, that's Hexen's biggest flaw.

Enjay said:

Cleric - Why, a good balance of weapon types and strength.

I still find only 4 weapons per class frustrating though. IMO, that's Hexen's biggest flaw.

Well, you could always cheat and use all 12 (by changing class in-game)....

In vanilla/ZDoom Hexen I actually like the fighter the best, because of his sheer speed and strength.

When it comes to the Korax mod though, it's a completely different story...

my friend and I were playing multiplayer and decided we would use items to destroy each other rather than the weapons...he threw out a Dark Servant, and I reflected the thing where he slams the ground with his hammer and a flame "snake" flies towards you....it ran into a wall and stayed there the rest of the game.....everytime you'd go near it, it killed you instantly for some reason haha.

We'd also collect all of our weapons and as many flechettes and discs as we can and see if we could play a little "pong" with the fighters hammer....we managed to actually reflect it back and forth to each other.....its especially fun when you do this with 1 health since you "score" by either getting it past the other player or killing him....and if all else fails, whip out a poison flechette like Ichor said and fling it at them hehe ;)

Just random shit we discovered

In the Korax mod, it helps to get the Heart of D'Sparil. It helps a whole lot. Anyway, I tend to split the points between strength and speed, with a little more going to strength. By level 14, I had 31 strength, 5 efficiency, and 25 speed. Of course, that was when I was on the last map. I was at level 13 when I was here. I had to kill 8 of those things just to get to the next level.

And if you want real Pong, try this:

Both of you be mages. Then both of you get the Bloodscourge and at least one Icon of the Defender each. Now at the same time, become invulnerable, then one of you shoots the Bloodscourge. Since both of you are reflective, the Bloodscourge shots will bounce back and forth (assuming there's nothing in the way) until one of your reflective shields wears off. Whichever one wears off first, loses.

Does this include Hexen 2? If so, Necromancer. Mage otherwise.

Korax-mod Fighter with unpowered Quietus. One swing, five hits, you be dead.

Comedy Japan-mod Kunoichi. She doesn't exist, and after she sneaks up on you, you don't either. :)

Fighter. I love becoming an "axe-wielding barbarian" and doing the ol' jump and slash on lowly enemies such as the Ettin. It's especially gratifying if you manage to make one go into his extreme death sequence. :)