Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
timmie

Beta testers

Apparently my host is moving servers, so if the beta site hasn't been working for you, that'd be why. I probably deleted their notice when cleaning out my inbox and didn't notice what was going on.

Hopefully it'll be back up in a few days.

Well it's back now, but looks like the db for the forum it gone :/ Nice host...

The DNS for the control panel is still wacky for me so I can't fix it yet =/ The DB is still there (well, it remembers the name and stuff), I just can't access it right now.

Ok, so the site is still wonky. At least I can actually get to it now, but the message board is still down. I'm going to try and get hold of the guy on ICQ this weekend. Apparently he can see the board fine, though =/

Also, the next beta release will hopefully run much nicer for you guys. I'm right in the middle of reworking how it renders stuff to make it easier to only rebuild the geometry for subsectors when their sector changes, thus saving on a huge number of calculations per frame :)

timmie said:

Ok, so the site is still wonky. At least I can actually get to it now, but the message board is still down. I'm going to try and get hold of the guy on ICQ this weekend. Apparently he can see the board fine, though =/

I can't see the board either. Still the SQL error.

timmie said:

Also, the next beta release will hopefully run much nicer for you guys. I'm right in the middle of reworking how it renders stuff to make it easier to only rebuild the geometry for subsectors when their sector changes, thus saving on a huge number of calculations per frame :)

YAY!

Heh, I tested it with eaeuro03.wad and only doing it for the floors/ceilings (only calculating the subsectors at startup) and it almost doubled the framerate. The walls are more complicated to calculate, too, so it should be interesting to see how speedy I can get things :)

I just have to get it all hooked into the sector thinkers...

Hmm, no good news yet on the fonts =/

Oh, and the beta tester site is back up...

Although, hopefully there will be some good news in the near future... (stay tuned on that)

Oh, I am tuned as all hell.
The font issue is what keeps me from getting a good framerate. I consider anything from 10 to 20 to be playable, and 25 up to actually be really good (for me). 5 FPS, though... heh. Not acceptable.

I put in a few job applications today, though, so maybe I'll get a job and some new computer stuffage. Still, it is important to optimize every aspect of the engine... for even faster machines, the font issue might make a huge difference in situations where the player is confronting a wide-open field full of monsters, dynamic lights from the fireballs flying around, so on, and the machine starts to get a little bogged down.

Uh... anyway... :( :( :( (triple-sad)

Yup, looks like there will be good news in the near future. For 2.0.48, Randy redid how textures are dealt with (so you can interchange flats, textures, etc), so everything is based off one class that I can extend (FTexture).

And I do have to say, ZDoom does look better at 150fps ;)

Hmm, the beta testing forum seems to be down again...

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@timmie.squabble.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.