Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cyber-menace

Adding Flats and Ceilings

Simple. The best way I found is to use Wintex, which you can find in the utilities section here. Just have your entries (in this case new flats) ready and place them into their own new wad. You can merge this wad with the iwad for editing purposes. Just be sure to back up your iwad first!

I recommend XWE for this jorb. Make an entry called FF_START, and put your 64x64 flat right under it. Put FF_END right under that. Easy breezy. If you wanna add more flats after that, put it anywhere between those 2 markers you just made.

Use3D said:

Simple. The best way I found is to use Wintex, which you can find in the utilities section here. Just have your entries (in this case new flats) ready and place them into their own new wad. You can merge this wad with the iwad for editing purposes. Just be sure to back up your iwad first!

There's no need to merge with the iwad - simply rename F_END to FF_END and it'll be fine.

I've done this, but when I put it into my map there are strange diagonal lines going through the flat. Do they somehow have to be converted into actual DOOM flat textures or can I just use the BMPs. I've tried converting the flats in the wad with the Deepsea Graphics Editor but it won't accept them. It just says that they are textures and not flats even though XWE finds them as floor textures. Why are these strange lines going through the flat and how can I fix them?

The flats are ordinary 64x64 bitmaps. I don't know about DeePsea (as I only use it for textures and midi lumps) but in Wintex you choose 'select flats', create a new entry and it will count as a flat even if it has a new name (but remember to rename F_END to FF_END)

Maybe you should do something similar in DeePsea (if possible)?

Well I'm not sure what's going on. Maybe if I name FF_START and FF_END to F_START and F_END "BEFORE" I try and convert the flats... maybe it might work.

ok I found out what the problem was. When I inputed the BMP images into the PWAD I forgot to tell the Deepsea Input Program to use BMP's as flats. It was always set to textures. This caused the glitch so I fixed it and now I know how to add as many new textures, and flats that I want.