Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fodders

Web hack

It's reported everywhere about the web hack competition on the 6th of July. The 1st person to hack 6,000 web pages in 6 hours on the 6th of July wins some mega space on a server etc, but think about it...6,000 sites in 6 hours on the 6th of July = 666. :P cool

Heh, depends on what they mean by hack, theres alot of things they could do. your right bloodshedder that would be bad if they hacked DW.

Alboroto said:

Hack the Pentagon and win a lifetime in Jail... =)

Or if you're good enough at it maybe they'll give you the option of working for the CIA... after a series of psychological evaluations, of course.

I read about the upcoming attack too. Hopefully I'll still be able to surf the web without lag.

gatewatcher said:

Is that possible? Just one person, 6k sites, in 6 hours?

Maybe by attacking a huge server that hosts 6000 sites?

hmm, The hand that feeds seems to be offline. Coincidence maybe. There's a trojan (forgot the name) worm who hacked 10k of sites(iis). Anyway most ppl trying this are aiming at sites who've already been hacked in the past.

Heh, hack 6,000 sites tomorrow in 6 hours? Totally un-possible.

Now, I don't really know a whole lot fo anything about hacking, but hacking 6000 sites isn't nearly as possible, especially if you've got time to prepare. You could write a program that generates a new random (to a certain extent. You'd probably want a range) IP address, and whatever other numbers go into identifying a server and it's sub networks or whatever. Then you have the program evaluate the site, decide if it's hackable and how to hack it, and then do so. You'd have it hack until you had 6000 succesful hacks. There'd be a ton of details, but I'm guessing that's how you could do it.

Bloodshedder said:

OMG I HOPE TEHY DONT HACK DOOMWORLD!!!11111

PH3EER NJOT I AHVE SECURED RAILGUNNAR TO SSAVE US WJITH HIS NETSCAPE SHEILD!!!111

You have to be careful when you hack, because hacking a government site=common terrorist profile/treatment. In other words, you'll get the same punishment as a guy who attempts to blow himself up. I have some hacking stuff, like TigerTools, and password crackers, but I've never used them, and plan to keep them in reserve, to fight hackers who try to mess with comp. Actually most of them come from the book I mention here.