Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

butter nads

no, nothing about butter nads.

Its hard to belive that doom is 10 years old, well in October it is. Anyway what was the exact northamerican release date?

what was the shareware release date?

I remember my old doom rig well, fond memories of that old dell. It sat in the basement and it was the perfect place for Doom. The atmosphere was great. somewhat dark and the room was full of boxes and racks. The entire basement had a tomb like feeling to it, infact a 100 foot tunnle connected it to the garage. Sound was fantastic. the only sad thing was that the speakers used batteries and thus needed replace many times. The monitor was crisp, sound clear and graphics mind blowing. At times i was scared to go down and play. I wasted many summer months sitting in front of doom. I still here the imps and the wonderful music of E1M5 and E1M7. the scream of the baron and the roar of the demon. God it was great, back when games and computers where simple. The 486 was the king of CPU's, 16MB ram rocked and a VESA SVGA card was all you needed. C:\ was a everyday siight and no, well few, good games ran in windows3.11
I wish i could get ahold of that thing, my mom left the guy years ago and the PC. It was the best computer i have every owned. sure i have a much much much more powerful system now, but still i would love to turn it on and play it old school.

I still smell the basement air and feel the cool air. Nothing runs like a 486, its like a classic car to me.
share your thoughts on doom

it has pixelly gfx and i can't jump or mlook and there isn't a sniper rifle

when I played doom, I almost always cheated.. mainly because my friend wanted the cheats on, and I couldn't play if I wanted to not cheat..

Liam the Bard said:

use an opengl source port and dehacked patch then jerk store! how dare you sully the good name of doom!

Haha, funny you should mention about atmospheric places to play Doom.

I first played it in my uncle's basement in Canada. He runs a computer company, and the basement was full of machines, stacks of circuit boards, monitors, crates, packaging and that general smell of new equipment. It was dark down there too, a fantastic place to fall in love with Doom.

Ralphis said:

doom was released on december 11th as far as I know.

I am sure it was 10th dec.

Liam the Bard said:

Then go play CS, simple as that.

Liam the Bard said:

DEATH TO THE CS-LAMER!!

Actually, I play CS, but only in LAN games at the local youth club, and only because there's only one other person there that ever wants to play Doom, because CS is evil and has taken over the minds of most of the gamers of today!

pritch said:

Wtf? What has a mk3 Ford Capri got to do with a 486?

Sephiroth said:

I still smell the basement air and feel the cool air. Nothing runs like a 486, its like a classic car to me.
share your thoughts on doom

Lucky bastid XD, i want a capri, though i'd probably only be able to insure a 1.3, oh well XD, theyre so rare though..even the mk3 is quite hard to find

deathbringer said:

Lucky bastid XD, i want a capri

Well, here's mine. The first pic was taken about 16 years ago (and yes, the dick behind the wheel with the tasteful yellow top and mirrored shades is me). The second about 5 years ago. The colour is a bit off, especially in the second pic.

The car was originally bought in 1973 by my friend's uncle. My friend got it about 20-21 years ago and did a little work on it. I got it about 2 years later. It saw me through university, my first few jobs and into my marriage. Then I spent the first 3 years of my marriage lying under it restoring it. The secret of a successful marriage - stay in the garage. :-)

http://www.btinternet.com/~Enjay001/Images/Capri1.jpg

http://www.btinternet.com/~Enjay001/Images/Capri2.jpg

Liam the Bard said:

Pixelly graphics however full of colors enrichment though. Jump was able to put into the game according to my knowledge, it was rather be taken off by choice. Last but not least, BFG > sniper rifle

Heh, cool..i first saw an mk1 capri in cambridge a while back, it was just like that, only with red bodywork instead of yellow, heh

oh, and i think you can get them in GTA london XD, dunno, havent played it for a while

You guys actually couldn't tell that Liam was being sarcastic? YOU ALL fail it!

Enjay said:

Well, here's mine.

Heh, yet more proof that Enjay is seriously cool.

Also, Deathbringer, if you want a Capri I know a few people in London who are seriously big in the UK Ford scene..