Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristus

Not a fanart. Jus an image.

Pretty nice.. Some minor prblems with eye shape and placement. (as well as irises being slightly different sizes, but I stepped on my cat once with combats on.. and his eyes did that.. so I dunno ;)

Great work on the wrinkles and clothwork as well.

Silver: actually I cheated and drew that from looking at a photo.- and that's how the eyes look on it.. placement and all. only thing I did different was the direction he looked. on the photo he looked much more to the left.. here he looks prety much straight at you.. the irises can quite often have different size. if the light shines on one eye more than the other, they'll be different. but in this case I was just a bit clumsy. :p

kristus said:

Silver: actually I cheated and drew that from looking at a photo.- and that's how the eyes look on it.. placement and all. only thing I did different was the direction he looked. on the photo he looked much more to the left.. here he looks prety much straight at you.. the irises can quite often have different size. if the light shines on one eye more than the other, they'll be different. but in this case I was just a bit clumsy. :p

Actually.. irises never change size.. pupils are masters or alteration though...

yeah.. drawing off photos is bad for you...

Still looks nice though.

Good image.
Slvrwvrn: Can't quite see how drawing off photos can be a bad thing :)
One should draw one hundred pics off photos and after that you have enough "references" in your head so you can draw a nice picture without any reference. But thats just me ;)

zabnat said:

Good image.
Slvrwvrn: Can't quite see how drawing off photos can be a bad thing :)
One should draw one hundred pics off photos and after that you have enough "references" in your head so you can draw a nice picture without any reference. But thats just me ;)

Yeah.. a picture without any knowledge of construction, perspective or depth...

But that's just me. ;)

(The college I went to wouldn't allow you in if you submitted an image drawn from a photograph... and trust me.. they knew..)

I was never one who could draw a human face, but that pic amazes the hell out of me....great job :-).

zabnat said:

Good image.

Heh, same here. But as Silv i would suggest to add perspective to gain 3d...

wasted said:

Heh, same here. But as Silv i would suggest to add perspective to gain 3d...

You make it sound like we must obtain 3D like nirvana or something ;)

Silverwyvern said:

You make it sound like we must obtain 3D like nirvana or something ;)

\after worshiping Holy 3d Max, Blessed Maya and Eternal Lightwave for an hours...

Heh...

::::::)

I never saw silver mention anything about lack of perspective . Only that you don't gain perspective when you just copy off of other images. This is the first time I draw off of a photo.. well atleast for 10 or so years.

I can actually see perspective and construction in photographs, but can result from the fact that I am almost half blind so I have almost no perspective vision whatsoever (with my right eye closed I can't read normal text from screen from any distance). But drawing from other images haven't done any harm to me, but maybe I am special (or freak) ;)
But I believe that if some art oriented(?) college people said that it's a bad thing, then it must be.
Don't mind me, I'm just a freak who even hold a pencil wrong :)

you don't learn anything from doing so.. you don't learn to understand why it looks the way it do. You only learn how to copy. You won't learn to draw your own images.