Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

The Koose is loose

Recommended Posts

well i fed the snakes today, 2 fat rats. anyways i left the top open to air out the tank and seeing that they were busy consuming and killing prey i thought nothing of it. I next headed to the garage to finish an iguana cage. well an hour later i came back to shut the door and found that one of the SOB's had escaped. so now there is a rather large snake in the house. good thing is that it just ater and thus went to find a place to hide, it left the cage because i removed the hide house. So it is sleeping someware, warm and dark. so now i got to check all the clothing piles. another advantage it size, its a big snake and has limited chocies of places to be secretivie(cant get in walls, under fridge and stuff like that.)

Share this post


Link to post

I wouldnt go to sleep with it in my house, heh, good luck on finding it.

I was wondering also, is it dangerous?

Share this post


Link to post
Sephiroth said:

seeing that they were busy consuming and killing prey

You feed them live rats? Hmmm, glad I'm not a rat. Will they take dead food? I suspect not.

Sephiroth said:

so now i got to check all the clothing piles

Hey is that a snake in your trousers or are you just pleased to see me? :-)

Share this post


Link to post

Yea I to keep reptiles, I had a florida Kingsnake she was a damn escape artist the forth time she got away I never found her again :( she was almost 5 feet long anyway what species got away?

Enjay said:

You feed them live rats? Hmmm, glad I'm not a rat. Will they take dead food? I suspect not.

Actully alot of snakes will except dead rodents, My Royal python was a very picky eater but I have her eating pretty much anything now live and dead rodents, as long as they are warm then she can pick them up with her heat sensory.
I even fed her a piece of raw beef once when she was in need of food badly.



May I ask Sephiroth what other reptiles are in your keep?
Myself I have a Female Ball Python, A male Western Hognose snake, A female Eastern Painted Turtle, A female Northern Snapping turtle and for amphibians I own 2 squirrle tree frogs.

Share this post


Link to post

I think this is the point were you should tell your mother about it :)

Mahaah, I remember I once placed a toy rubber snake on the stairs at our home and listened...

Share this post


Link to post

yes they get dead rats most of the time, these were stunned and exposed to fireworks before hand(little brother) Never feed a snake a live unstunned rat/mouse as they can do damage to the snake.
the snake is not at all a danger. it is around 5 feet long and is very docile. it is a boa constrictor ( the real Boa constrictor) i decided to let it be for now as it will come out when it needs a new place.

my trouser snake cant escape he likes his hiding place. except he really likes deep dark wet caves to go into

Share this post


Link to post
deathbringer said:

LOL, i was about to quote that XD

"Set this moose, loose aboot this hoose!"

lol

Share this post


Link to post

Dude, you should stick to pets that don't slither and stuff, like dogs or cats :)

Share this post


Link to post

Docile, eh? Snakes are only docile if they remain fed. If that snake gets hungry... Well, a snake's body is like, all muscle. Have you ever had a boa constrictor coiled around your arms trying to pull them together? They're pretty powerful.

He won't lunge out and try to bite you. He'll just asphyxiate you or break your neck and then take his time.

Share this post


Link to post
DooMBoy said:

Dude, you should stick to pets that don't slither and stuff, like dogs or cats :)


I once had a legless dog that slithered.

Share this post


Link to post
Ultraviolet said:

Docile, eh? Snakes are only docile if they remain fed. If that snake gets hungry... Well, a snake's body is like, all muscle. Have you ever had a boa constrictor coiled around your arms trying to pull them together? They're pretty powerful.

He won't lunge out and try to bite you. He'll just asphyxiate you or break your neck and then take his time.

Yea but she would not see us as a prey item, thus no reason to constrict us...but they do get cranky and nippy when they are hungry, my hognose becomes a bitch when its hungry.

Share this post


Link to post

my neighbor used to have snakes

2 ball pythons

he fed them mice, and later on, rats

its so fucking cool to see a rats eyes explode

Share this post


Link to post

The snake will only not see you as prey until you are unable to feed it. Snakes do not have a concept of loyalty.

Share this post


Link to post
Ultraviolet said:

The snake will only not see you as prey until you are unable to feed it. Snakes do not have a concept of loyalty.

Even a full grown red tail boa or a african rock python cannot fit a 160-200 pound person in its gut, if your talking about a full grown green andaconda then yes maybe but still usually only would consider preying on small childern, I'v only heard of few and far between times where they have attacked larger people.

Share this post


Link to post
SmellyOgre said:

I once had a legless dog that slithered.

Goodness, poor forsaken creature. Man that would suck having no legs and having to crawl everywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Tyockell said:

Even a full grown red tail boa or a african rock python cannot fit a 160-200 pound person in its gut, if your talking about a full grown green andaconda then yes maybe but still usually only would consider preying on small childern, I'v only heard of few and far between times where they have attacked larger people.


a child or vary small human is all the very largest snake could swallow. the problem is the shoulders, no other animal has them like us, and thus presents a problem that evolution has not allowed the snake to solve. these snakes are no threat to any human, well baby maybe, due to size. all the stors of snakes eating people are false, unless the person was very small. however they can and will kill.

Share this post


Link to post

I wasn't saying that snake *COULD* eat you, but haven't you ever looked at like, a big plate of food, thought you were so damn hungry, tried to eat it, and found out you weren't really that hungry?

Share this post


Link to post

I suggest you set a recloose mooose aboot this hoose to catch this loose koose that aboosed his hoost then joostly hang him on a noose.

Share this post


Link to post

have yet to find it, thinking of draggin a rat around to get its attention.

still in the house though, most likly liveing in brother's room

Share this post


Link to post

i am pleased to report this story closed. after and intensive investigation we found the snake, AKA "the Koose" less than 6 feet away from point of escape. His hide out was under an abandoned dresser. he remained here for 2 weeks until we found him.
The snake, AKA "the Koose" is now returned to jail to serve out his setence for rodetn genocide

Share this post


Link to post
Sephiroth said:

he remained here for 2 weeks until we found him.
The snake, AKA "the Koose" is now returned to jail to serve out his setence for rodetn genocide

He was only loose for 10 days :P

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×