Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kinkyfriend85

Jdoom, Most advanced doom sourceport

Use3D said:

Rellik, thanks man, I noticed. His first post here being 'jdoom is the most advanced port, you losers' was convincing enough.

read what I wrote, I never tried to convince you its the best port. what I said is that its the most advanced port. You can think legacy is best and i can think Jdoom is.

Rellik said:

Why isn't he pushing for BOOM compatability? Another guy even did all the coding for him. BOOM is what, 4 years old and JDOOM still hasn't even got as much editing ability as it. I asked the JDoom coder when he was gonna have features like that. He told me to fuck off, and if I wanted to use that "shit" I should go use a different port. Guess 2 and a half years later he's finally figuring out that that "shit" is pretty vital. Pretty quick here Legacy is going to be ACS compatible, IMO I think JDoom shoulda gone that route instead of creating yet another language for us modders to learn. It look sweet, but it needs way more editing features to compete with ZDoom/Legacy and it needs a simpler install and setup. With ZDoom / Legacy, you get one engine that runs everything, and maybe a launcher. JDoom is like the Windows of DOOM, it looks great, works pretty good, but it's really bloated. JDOOM could become the most advanced port, but it's got a long way to go.

Ded is quite powerful, and you can do pretty much with ded and xg, i agree about slopes and 3d floors, but that will come. And plus yes JDoom can be hard to setup for newbies (no offense to newstarters)
But it is what you got to learn if you want a bite of the candy. There are so many options and effects you can play around in Jdoom and the project started 1999. What is funny to see (at least for me) is that so far it seems like one person can do as much as legacy's 30 workers. This is no offense whatsoever so if any of you think i am bitching then email me about it and be a man showing some dignerty instead of claining im stupid etc.

kinkyfriend85 said:

You guys on doomworld are not used by having new messages to read every day?

We are, but Jesus. 4 posts in a row and 2 ANNOYINGLY LARGE POSTS. I ask that you please CEASE AND DESIST or something.

Uh.

1) Learn to put multiple quotes into one post
2) Posting 2 times in a row on accident is bad enough, but 4 times in a row ON PURPOSE?

Nanami said:

Uh.

1) Learn to put multiple quotes into one post
2) Posting 2 times in a row on accident is bad enough, but 4 times in a row ON PURPOSE?

/me hearts Nanami

Kinky, read the FAQ please.

kinkyfriend85 said:

yes I know it can be a pain in the arse to read but is more a pain in the arse for me to put them all together

So what? It's called "unspoken rules". Plus, just because the limit is 50,000 characters doesn't mean you should use it, it's annoying as fuck.

heh, must be the largest post I ever have seen. That one with "changes since last version" log.

I'd regard this as a clear instance of "taking a major dump on the forums".

kinkyfriend85 said:

I know the rules, And I did not spamm, i answered posts.

Do you know the definition of spam? You made 4 posts in a row as well as two large posts that were VERY unneccisary.

BBG said:

So what? It's called "unspoken rules". Plus, just because the limit is 50,000 characters doesn't mean you should use it, it's annoying as fuck.

I thought you meant some other posts, that two posts could not be merged into one since of the limit.

And i did not mean to use that much words, I just wanted whole text

kinkyfriend85 said:

I thought you meant some other posts, that two posts could not be merged into one since of the limit.

And i did not mean to use that much words, I just wanted whole text

My point is you could have URLed to that, not posted it, as it was large and ANNOYING. Please, edit your posts and show the URL to the text instead of pasting the text, for the love of God.

BBG said:

Do you know the definition of spam? You made 4 posts in a row as well as two large posts that were VERY unneccisary.

Yes I do, but spamming is not answerring 4 messages in a row, if not the purpose was to spam but it was not. Anyways do i have to defend myself any more or can we leave this?

BBG said:

My point is you could have URLed to that, not posted it, as it was large and ANNOYING. Please, edit your posts and show the URL to the text instead of pasting the text, for the love of God.

Okay question me as much you want to, but you are not perfect either. we all do misstakes so please give it a rest.
And btw do you have a crush on the "god"??

BBG said:

You're a pretty blatant troll, I'm going to stop feeding you now.

Thank you very much, I think you call me retarded altho I don't understand "blatant" but it prolly means stupid.

kinkyfriend85 said:

read what I wrote, I never tried to convince you its the best port. what I said is that its the most advanced port. You can think legacy is best and i can think Jdoom is.

Take your own advice. Nowhere did I say Legacy is the best. And by your first post, you leave no room for argument or opinions about jdoom. You are a troll, and you're also annoying.

Grazza said:

think it is probably fair to say that jDoom has the most advanced graphical enhancements/modifications.

However, an overall claim of "most advanced sourceport" is bound to invite, er, comment.

I agree with this. Jdoom has nothing over zdoom or legacy except graphics. Every 3d model I've ever seen in Doom looks retarded, and even in Legacy I use software rendering, so a port with all these fancy texture filters and object lighting is useless to me.
Doom64 however looks fantastic and I couldn't pick a better port to run it, becuase the game was designed with these features in mind. however in my opinion, they simply do not apply to original Doom.

Enough of this. I don't mind the debate, but let's just calm down and keep on topic.

jDoom rocks!
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.
jDoom rocks!
except DeePSea won't let me edit it, even though it advertises it does.
however,
jDoom rocks!
and so does DeePSea
yeah,
but ZDoom, Legacy, EDGE,
I like them too
Yes
Legacy
it's flamed and hated.
But it's never once crashed on me
Still,
jDoom rocks
--
-insertwackypoemhere I
A masterpiece by insertwackynamehere

Use3D said:

Take your own advice. Nowhere did I say Legacy is the best. And by your first post, you leave no room for argument or opinions about jdoom. You are a troll, and you're also annoying.

I agree with this. Jdoom has nothing over zdoom or legacy except graphics. Every 3d model I've ever seen in Doom looks retarded, and even in Legacy I use software rendering, so a port with all these fancy texture filters and object lighting is useless to me.
Doom64 however looks fantastic and I couldn't pick a better port to run it, becuase the game was designed with these features in mind. however in my opinion, they simply do not apply to original Doom.

I am annoying because I said that doomsday is the most advanced port and did not mean to show it up as if it is the best port, am i annoying because i am tired of people who cant accept other thinking the opposite of themselves?

Am i annoying because I need to defend myself and write a reply for each post you guys write to me?`
I think you should question yourselves before calling me retarded.

Okay i accept that you think jdoom is just a graphical lift, nothing else. And that you think its quakeDoom. but lets say this, The reason why he never added 3d floors was because he thought it would change too much of doom, same reason as most of you dont use models.

I don't know how many of you that has used jdoom much, but for those who has not tested it that much and calls it just a graphical lift then you should just be quiet about that. also what is a fact is that many do not make good maps just because they have 3d floors, there are plenty maps out there which does not use 3d floors and are better done than those who uses it. but it makes it possible to make a better map.

[QUOTE]insertwackynamehere said:
[B]jDoom rocks!
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.
jDoom rocks!
except DeePSea won't let me edit it, even though it advertises it does.
however,
jDoom rocks!
and so does DeePSea
yeah,
but ZDoom, Legacy, EDGE,
I like them too
Yes
Legacy
it's flamed and hated.
But it's never once crashed on me
Still,
jDoom rocks
--

i simply agree and i also agree on ichor

I remember when I emailed him about slopes (whether I asked him if he was going to add them or if I can make them myself, I forgot). He basically told me the same thing. That was back when ZDoom first started using them, and I figured that it would be nice to have them in my maps. Even now, I still wouldn't mind if I had that option, but I learned to live without all the Build-like features. Besides, I'm more interested in gameplay than slopes or 3D floors anyway.

I like ZDoom and JDoom equally. naturally, if a wad REQUIRES ZDoom, then that's what I have to use. Otherwise I choose which port to use according to my mood.

That being said, kinkyfriend85, why are you here? What was the point of this thread. Many people here are quite aware of JDoom's capabilities. If something new is added, it will probably be posted in a news article and we will all be informed of it. Not everyone here is a zdoom addict. There are lots of prboom fans as well (and even a few lagacy users).

Did you expect us all to suddenly ditch all our usual ports and swear alliegance to JDoom?

Furthermore, whats all this about "port competition"? I have copies of JDoom, ZDoom, legacy, prboom, eternity, and MBF on my hard drive. It's not like they take up gigs of space. Nor will they attempt to delete each other or something stupid like that. There's no reason why any port author should attempt to dominate the "competition".

Ichor said:

I remember when I emailed him about slopes (whether I asked him if he was going to add them or if I can make them myself, I forgot). He basically told me the same thing. That was back when ZDoom first started using them, and I figured that it would be nice to have them in my maps. Even now, I still wouldn't mind if I had that option, but I learned to live without all the Build-like features. Besides, I'm more interested in gameplay than slopes or 3D floors anyway.

At least i cant defend him, I never liked him that much. He has not answerred many of my messages. just a feeling i have about him.

Would love to see 3d floors and slopes, now at last i think jdoom has much gameplay, once i did not. one bad thing in legacy (in my opinion) is sp, Just does not feel right to me. I think original engine is still best for real doom experience.
I look at doomsday as a remake of doom, to bring it back on subject...