Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
lokisrealm

Questions concerning my game Loki's Realm

hey im working on a game called loki's realm, that i have been working on for years, and last year i ported it to jdoom, im doing the mp3 music, the textures, the huge ass levels, and i had a friend working on the models, but it never really ended up happening, or he's too preoccupied with other stuff. anyways i want to make this because im working on a kickass story with masterpieces like the sixth sense in mind. im wanting to port it to quake 2 and release it fully as a game, if its allowable on the GPL, and figure out all that nonsense to see if it really can be released with jdoom, or if i should save up work money and pay the $10,000 for the true q2 license. ok my questions... does anyone know if games can still be licensed with doom technology, and if anyone would like me to join their team or would want to start a team. i can mail you a cd of all im working on. also would anyone want to write a simple vb program that plays a movie then goes to a chapter selection for my game? and yet another question, has anyone successfully compiled jdoom's source?

lokisrealm said:

with masterpieces like the sixth sense in mind.

Um, if that's your idea of a masterpiece..well good luck to you.

well ok not really masterpieces but i mean multilayered stuff like manson's art, m night shylaman's (or however you spell it's) movies, the others, fight club, shit with suprise meanings that change the entire story

I dont know the intricacies of the GPL. But if you plan to market your game, you can use a freeware engine like Genesis3D (or others) and then ask your prospective publisher to fron the money for a better engine.