Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wasted

Confessor...

Confessors have always been one of my favourite imperial characters because they are one of the best examples on what makes the Imperium vile, evil and despicable.

Still, while your pic looks cool, I couldn't imagine that character portrayed there being a confessor.

Confessors are demagogues. Rabid speakers who can turn ordinary people into frothing fanatics by their powerful presence and stirring words, and while they don't exactly need to be pretty, I have a hard time imagining someone who doesn't even have a lover jaw left rousing the masses to fight for the glory of the Emperor.

BTW, confessors seldom live long. Most of them sooner or later overstep their boundaries and are hunted down by the inquisition for "overzealousness".

looking good.. exept the face. it looks a bit to flat.. to cartoony. the rest is great!

Hmmm... i made an account on deviant art, im trying to submit a picture, but it sais this "Submission Error: A deviation with the same Title already exists in the section being submitted to. Select a new name for the deviation prior to proceeding." every time i try to send it. I renamed the file to many different names but none of them work. Could someone please help me.

The pic looks great BTW.

2 Little Faith: At first time i wanted to draw an Adeptus Mechanicum, but later i've looked through the pictures of the Black Templars. On some of them there where figures like preaching in red cloacks with tourches. So i decided to call that freak a Confessor. I guess this one still has some zealousness, heh. He is to old to preach (serving faithfully to Emperor since time immemorial, heh) but his fame makes his presence very important for the rest of the fighters. I dont know, may be he is the member of the Eternal Crusade and that makes him to be far away from Inquisition. Hmm, thats just how i see it...

2 EVIL: Face was one of the most annoying part of that pic. It consisted 5 damn layers. But at the end i forget to render it in the same way as i did the armour plates...

2 SmellyOgre: i used to have same messages. So i use smthng like NameOfMyPic_1024 . Just put some numbers in the name and dont use weird symbols like *)} and other...

Hey, that's really evil-looking. And I really like the background, too. Nice work!
What exactly is that you do to get that metal effect?

Agnes said:

What exactly is that you do to get that metal effect?

Thanks!

To get that metal effect i used Filter/Render/Lighting Effects in PS 7 (i guess it works the same way in every version, heh). There you have to set the Spotlight type and choose one of the texture channels. I used to use Red channel with 30 on Height. The bad thing is that you have to practice a lot to set the right angle of lighting. Some times even the lighting its not enough - then just use good 'ol Dodge tool with Highlights on. And thats it!!!