Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Baron of Hell

The Lost Episodes of Doom

Hi everyone, I would like to know if it is possible to get the unofficial Lost Episodes of Doom patch to work while using JDoom, I have only been able to get it working with ZDoom but I don't like ZDoom much anymore...

Is it possible?

Damn! I just realized that I posted this thread in the wrong forum, could one of the moderators place this in the right forum?

Edit: Thanks :)

Yup. Just open KickStart 2 (or 1 if you still use the old one) scroll down (or up) to Ultimate Doom, and click "add.." on the WAD tab. Browse for the wad (JPTR-40.wad, in this case I think) and double-click. Than play!

Sorry if I didn't make it clear, but I meant the patch for the Lost Episodes, I can get the Lost Episodes to work fine but it's the actual patch for the Lost Episodes that I am trying to get to work.

What patch art thou talking about? I, for one, can never get DeHackEd patches to work under jDoom.

For dehacked patches to work in JDOOM they have to be in the wad. I am not sure were u should put them in the wad as I have never tried. You could use XWE to do this.

Grimm said:

What patch art thou talking about? I, for one, can never get DeHackEd patches to work under jDoom.

to get external (not in wads) dehacked files to work under JDOOM, first MAKE SURE you have a copy of the dehacked file in the folder doomsday/run/jdoom/

Open up kickstart 2 (thats the one I'm using at least), ckick on the MISC tab and look for the box thats labled "add to the command line for all games" and type -deh x.deh (x being the name of the dehacked file).

If that doesn't work, click on the GAMES tab, look on the lower right hand side of the tabs and look for a tab called OTHER OPTIONS and click on that one....you'll see a box on the bottom called "add to the command line". Try the same command there (-deh x.deh)

Both of them should make the dehacked patch run. Remember, MAKE SURE you have a copy of the dehacked file in the folder doomsday/run/jdoom/

....Unless your talking about a hacked doom.exe which was edited with dehacked....then don't even listen to me! ;) hehe

Anyways, hope I helped someone.

I was told external deh files won't work with jdoom, but they were wrong. Thanks man!