Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
5hfifty

RoTT style moving walls (polyobjects)

How would i make these? I'm making a RoTT track for ZooM, and I want it to be as hazardous plus RoTT-like as I can. I'm pretty new to the non-basic ZDoom stuff, but so far, I've got the actual polyobject to appear in the level, but how do I make it move in a predetermined path, and keep going around that path? Or back and forth? This has probably been asked before, but what's one more post.

Can anyone help? I'll probably be releasing this map on it's own for people to look around in before ZooM's demo release(you can even use the resources). That is if I can get it done. ;)

Something like this? It works, but it's VERY limited. Try to place another sector in the center and see how it gets totally fucked up.

Speaking on 5h's behalf, is there any way to make these moving walls cause damage when they touch the player?

That only works when the poly presses the player up against something solid, like a wall. I mean when it's just moving around and you bump into it.

I tried setting the poly's sides special to "DamageThing". Unfortunately the "activate when player pushes" does not work when the wall push the player :|

boris said:

I tried setting the poly's sides special to "DamageThing". Unfortunately the "activate when player pushes" does not work when the wall push the player :|

Yeah I know, I tried that. =/