Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SyntherAugustus

Colorful Monsters

ZDoom's translation is probably one of the most complicated but useful scripts out there. I've used it a number of times, although since you can't, for example, change the Baron's green flames to red and keep his blood green, or change the imp's eyes but not his blood, sprite editing hasn't become obsolete yet. =)

Great way to distinguish important monsters.

Don't forget that you can also use DeHacked to switch out the set of green shades with brown, red, or gray. Involves no scripting and, if the sprite already has green on it, involves no sprite editing.

Ultraviolet said:

Don't forget that you can also use DeHacked to switch out the set of green shades with brown, red, or gray. Involves no scripting and, if the sprite already has green on it, involves no sprite editing.

Tormentor did this for TNT2. He had a stronger chaingunner that was gray. He changed it to be green and the original was DeHacked to red (normal) and the new one was made gray. It would've worked better with ACS though, but I think it was before translations.

If anyone wanted to make a Diablo-themed mod, like that weird character Gamearena, this feature would definately be a must.

cool, i didn't know one can chage a certain monsters blood to a certain color

Nanami said:

ZDoom's translation is probably one of the most complicated but useful scripts out there.

Meh, I always had more trouble with hudmessages than these. =p

Epyo said:

Meh, I always had more trouble with hudmessages than these. =p

Heh, eventually you figure out HudMessages. Have you ever tried to translate a Stalker Serpent from Hexen? =P

Nanami said:

ZDoom's translation is probably one of the most complicated but useful scripts out there. I've used it a number of times, although since you can't, for example, change the Baron's green flames to red and keep his blood green, or change the imp's eyes but not his blood, sprite editing hasn't become obsolete yet. =)

man who has said that before... :P

also createtranlation() and thing_settranslation() have been around since the 1.23b33 days (zort8 is actually 1.23b33 compat for example, tho it may crash with a texture error :P ) which is a year or two old, it was just nobody knew about it until I found the example and used it in a wad

Cyb said:

man who has said that before... :P

also createtranlation() and thing_settranslation() have been around since the 1.23b33 days (zort8 is actually 1.23b33 compat for example, tho it may crash with a texture error :P ) which is a year or two old, it was just nobody knew about it until I found the example and used it in a wad

Be quiet Cyb. Just because you're God doesn't mean you have to brag!