Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UncleJoeyGladstone

Doom 3 Config Help

O_o

Hm, may as well try.

Edit: This works pretty well. I got arround 7-12 fps whereas I only got 2 or 3 before. Anyone with gf2 era tech might want to check this out.

BlueSonnet said:

Uh? Isn't the distribution of alpha help bad too?

Not really. I want to see as little of it as possible in this forum though.

UncleJoeyGladstone said:

The correct link is

No links to pages with alpha screenshots, please.

Thanks for the offer but fuck it my computer is a piece of shit and I got a ATI radeon 7200 which makes all the models look like there made out of white and grey lego.

I dunno how to bring up the bigass chart with all the shit but I have a P3 650 over clocked at a 651 ooo ahh :P, 256 ram, 20 gig harddrive, Windows Me, Ati Radeon 7200, 32x cdrom drive and thats the just of it.

How does it work w/ your sys? Also, UncleJoeyGladstone, what sys are you trying to run it on? I have a Athalon 1500 series (should have been the 2100 series, but i didn't realize this for a year after it was shipped, oh well) 1.3 ghz processor, 512 ddr, 60 gb hd, GeForce 3. I never did the fps but it runs fairly well w/o 50 or so fatties on the screen. *sigh* it made for funny screens though. . .

lol i have no clue how it ran on it but i fuckin player through half of it and got around 12 fps in rooms with no enemies and about 6-8 with zombies and the such, about 3-4 when shooting them.

I'd love to try it but the Alpha doesn't want to run on my pc anymore. Someone's told me it's because I updated my Nvidia drivers... can anyone help me out here ?

Lord FlatHead said:

I'd love to try it but the Alpha doesn't want to run on my pc anymore. Someone's told me it's because I updated my Nvidia drivers... can anyone help me out here ?

It is true. On my comp (1.4Mhz, 512RAM, GeForce4) Alpha failed to load after i have updated Nvidia drivers. Just reinstall those which was attached to your card then (after playing Alpha just update them again, heh). It worked with my machine...

Ultraviolet said:

I believe you just posted an alpha screenshot :D

maby but it dont tell enny thing to you or spoil the game for you , or i might just be dicking about and its just a window with doom 3 on it that i colored grai into , nobody knows

actualy the most ilegal thing you will see in that ss isnt the doom 3 bit but the windows longhorn rip i got

Heh [n00b]plonker, don't worry. I'm more displeased with your signature than with the screenshot. With all due respect, nobody gives a shit what kind of pc you've got. This is not a hardware forum.

And welcome to Doomworld !

[n00b]plonker said:
maby but it dont tell enny thing to you or spoil the game for you , or i might just be dicking about and its just a window with doom 3 on it that i colored grai into , nobody knows

actualy the most ilegal thing you will see in that ss isnt the doom 3 bit but the windows longhorn rip i got

Didn't we ban you?

We don't do it just for fun you know, no means no.

wasted said:

It is true. On my comp (1.4Mhz, 512RAM, GeForce4) Alpha failed to load after i have updated Nvidia drivers. Just reinstall those which was attached to your card then (after playing Alpha just update them again, heh). It worked with my machine...

Yeah, I had the same problem after I updated my drivers. Oh well. I needed the space, so I deleted the Alpha.

BlackFish said:

he also has a leaked version of windows xp longhorn o_O

yeh its a verry good os you should try it out if you ever get a chance , windows 2003 is cool to if your runing a server

Lord FlatHead said:

Heh [n00b]plonker, don't worry. I'm more displeased with your signature than with the screenshot. With all due respect, nobody gives a shit what kind of pc you've got. This is not a hardware forum.

And welcome to Doomworld !

k soz its just that you cant have a image as a sig so i put that :S but i changed it now :P
also why should you b pissed about the ss its just a window with doom labeld on it with gray in it....

Nobody's pissed about that. I was kidding.

PS Learn to spell and punctuate plz kthxbye i'm going away now.

Ultraviolet said:

Nobody's pissed about that. I was kidding.

PS Learn to spell and punctuate plz kthxbye i'm going away now.

soz but i suffer from dislexia and i have trubels with that :S

Pretty smart on Nvidia's part to have new drivers disable the alpha. . . hope i won't need to update them when HL2 comes out. . . I would doubt that id would change the levels in D3. I'd like that because I would be more suprised, but if I were them, I'd think "Fuck it, they wanted to ruin it for themselves, I'm not changing it because they couldn't wait." I mean, the level design was very detailed and probably took a lot of time, and either way, they weren't finished.