Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wasted

Martian Warfare...

Any ideas about combats on the martian scape (if there will be any, heh)? Any special weapons? Any vehicles or jetpacked combatsuits?

My thoughts are:

1. youll have environmental suit equipped with oxidgen, water and other stuff (industrial edition). While wearing this suit youll have that nasty sound of breathing in and out...

2. youll have some special weapon (not the usial indoor one), kinda rail gun or whatever huge, massive and damn powerfull...

Any other ideas?

I don't have any ideas myself at the moment but I do like your suit idea. I like that breathing sound especially.

the breathing sound is a damn good idea... also sometimes it would be nice to hear heart pumping.

id have said outdoor scene will be very limited so I doubt they'd make some special weapon just for outdoors.

niguel said:

also sometimes it would be nice to hear heart pumping.

Absolutely. You don't need to hear it out loud, but to hear it in the background after you ran a lot, or just after you've been attacked, that would send shivers down my spine.

I'm doubtful about the heartbeat sound. It would ruin the immersion effect, wouldn't it? If you try to believe as much as you can that you ARE the Doom guy, hearing a heartbeat from the computer would be awkward.

Now, if they make it scary and tense enough so that your own heart beats wild and loud, that I can live with. ;)

niguel said:

also sometimes it would be nice to hear heart pumping.

I agree, that's a neat idea.

h0peless said:

I'm doubtful about the heartbeat sound. It would ruin the immersion effect, wouldn't it? If you try to believe as much as you can that you ARE the Doom guy, hearing a heartbeat from the computer would be awkward.

Maybe, but it might be some sort of built in program in your little gadget thingie you carry with you. I forgot it's name. It might keep an eye on your health, thus letting you hear your heartbeat as a warning of some sort. It doesn't sound really plausible, but it can be worked in the game I think.

I don't like the idea of a heartbeat sound - seems like an annoying gimmick to me. Something like the beeping of the motion tracker in AVP would be far more effective imo.

The "heartbeat" thingy kinda reminds me of "TENCHU", when an enemy here's your presence your beep meter jumps to "?" and starts thumping and whatnot. That would be kinda cool when monsters would roar in distant corridors or in very "DARK" areas and you hear the thudding of their feet coming towards you.

The "heavy breathing" idea is good, But only if the doomguy dons a gasmask when he's running around the toxic waste areas or in the spacesuit if he happens to be able to go outdoors. Or even when he's done alot of running, injured or carring a large/heavy weapon like the rocket launcher, Mini-gun or BFG2K

If I remember correctly, don't the doomguy already breathes heavy/ pants when he's stung by toxic pools in doom?

Tsar,

i think there was some artical some were i read where there wasn't going to be much outside gameplay. and the whole suit idea was also talked about were you would have very limited amounts of O2.but i may be wrong becuase this artical might be outdated. there will not be a railgun and i am all most definite because there were talking alot about that, but again ...maybe outdated.

heavyer breathing when O2 is low or when shot at would be cool

The whole outdoor fighting idea - i do not expect huge rumbles on the open air, but some parts of the levels may contain areas with a broken protective glass, or it might be a landing bay and etc.

Its not nessecary to be surrounded by the red desert and stare at sky trying to find out where the Mother Earth implaced - these very elements might be incorporated in to the usual game structure, imwo...

Heartbeat sound - thats 2 much for the ambient sound but it will really suit the creepy soundtrack, imwo.

The another suit idea - weird sound of gas going into martian atmosphere after you've got shot! BTW the suit may have binoculars and nightvision scope...

The RailGun - i thought it will be in Doom 3 after seeing the Alpha. It was the command in console i guess... But the Alpha is a bit outdate, heh...

I like the railgun idea, not as a weapon during the game, but like something you have to use at certain point of the game.
A railgun like the une used in Final Fantasy: The spirits within by the black guy when he gets trapped in that jeep thing.