Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

Massmouth 2 Canceled!

Grogglogobofink said:

yes, it's a yorp, my favorite keen monster.
i think massmouth is just a mutant yorp with arms and more teeth.

heh, a yorp is not even a enemy, it just walks around and look stupid. :P

I'm getting the crash as well, but I was able to reload the save (which I took before I entered the pod) and used changemap to get to map 09.

What a bunch of weird lookin' trees!

ROFL!!!!

When someone mentioned this wad had DW references in it, I tried to think what mine would be...

btw, why do the 12 Newdoom lamers (SS) not appear so you can fight them? (great choice of tune, though - I wonder where it came from...)

i gotta say cyb, i love this series. i can't wait to play massmouth2. It's so bloody creative heh =)

Yeah, taking the pod on the left stopped the crash.

God damnit Romero is hard. But Im determined to beat him.

The Ultimate DooMer said:

btw, why do the 12 Newdoom lamers (SS) not appear so you can fight them? (great choice of tune, though - I wonder where it came from...)

The txt says where all the music is from.

hehe, okay, I couple minor errors in the wad, you may not even notice them, but I've issued a small patch wad and I uploaded the new full version to /idgames but here's the patch:

http://cyb.vect.org:8080/misc/mm2patch.zip

it's only like 37k so it saves you from having to download the whole giant zip again, but the changes are minor really, I fixed two grammar errors (one in one of the endings and the other in mapinfo) and updated the car sprites that appear in map06.

Ultimate Doomer: the music played during the nazi scene? that's a piece of dwforums.wad actually (if you haven't played it you ought to, it's quite funny) the music is D_ULTIMA right in doom2.wad :) the nazis can't fight you though because I used some of their frames in other places so they'd go all wonkey if you went to fight them, though you can peg them with the railgun hehe

I only got 3 - kill the worm and fight Romero, worm survives and kill the worm, and worm survives and kill Romero.

Cyb said:

the music is D_ULTIMA right in doom2.wad

I think you should've used the Post Hell music, given that it's now available in newstuff....

http://doom.vect.org:8080/massm2/

that's also linked in the text file but those three files in that dir may be useful to anyone who wants to a) find the seven secrets b) get all five endings and c) make an addon, though I doubt anyone will make an addon, so the first two are useful then :P

also while we're on the subject of multiple paths, map12 (forest map) has two distict paths, based on a choice made in map11 (called regression), but both of those stories intersect by the end of the map and it ends the same way and really has no effect on the rest of it (mainly because it would have been an excessive pain in my ass, that map was annoying as hell to script).

Cyb said:

[url]make an addon, though I doubt anyone will make an addon,

HAH, we'll see about that. Mwahahahah.

The Worm's reward to Massmouth in one of the endings was really mean... seriously. I was in full agreement with the blank stare.

I'm having trouble getting through the flooded area on that ice map.

Hey man everytime i kill the dwarf baron, I die...automatically, so i can't get my weapons to next level.

Dwarf Baron? Are you taling about the first Massmouth? If so, you have to lure him into the cage outside. Not kill him.

Since this thread is bumbed, what's that red thing at the very end. You get it from the worm you know? It was in photoshop friday.

Heh, i get an error message that sais "script error map info line 2: bad syntax" anyone know whats wrong? im using zdoom.

Heh, i updated zdoom and now my sound is really messed up. the music is hard to hear when it's turrned all the way up, and when i shoot 5 seconds later it plays the sound. Eh, whats going on?

options -> sound options -> 3d sound off and set the buffer size to default

you can also set various sound volumes (midi and other music, other is what you want for massm2 since they're mostly mods) there as well

also you might consider upgrading your sound card drivers possibly if that doesn't fix the problems

Woah! Why is the zip 19mb? If these are mp3s, then that ftp handler might get mad.

I think about 10 megs (unzipped) were mp3's.

God damnit Romero is hard. But Im determined to beat him.

Uh, Cyb, dunno if you know this but all you have to do to kill Romero is sit on the throne and then just plunk away at him with your railgun and whenever you get low on helath a Megasphere comes a helas you. Makes it quite easy. And you stole my floating head idea! Damm you!!!!! :P

Grimm said:

Uh, Cyb, dunno if you know this but all you have to do to kill Romero is sit on the throne and then just plunk away at him with your railgun and whenever you get low on helath a Megasphere comes a helas you. Makes it quite easy. And you stole my floating head idea! Damm you!!!!! :P

The multipart weapon 7 makes it pretty easy too, but fight him in the open for the best challenge. :)

Grimm said:

I think about 10 megs (unzipped) were mp3's.

~5 megs are voice mp3s, another ~6 are music mp3s (first two maps). The rest is all sprites and sounds and I think the maps are only around 5 - 6 megs total.

heh, and I didn't actually think of that megasphere thing, however, megasphere's only spawn if your health drops below 25 and romero's railgun does quite a bit of damage so there's at least some chance he'll knock you down to like 26% and then kill you in one shot.

the weapon7 thing was intentional however, but since it's a secret you don't have to depend on it for the last map, it's just a big help (probably the only useful secret, heh).

Heh, you really should have used oggs for the voices rather than mp3s. It would have been considerably smaller that way :)

NiGHTMARE said:

Heh, you really should have used oggs for the voices rather than mp3s. It would have been considerably smaller that way :)

yay for oggs :D and was it just me, or were the voices too staticky to understand most of the time, heh. maybe you should have used captions too.

In the battleship map, it always crashes right when it explodes (after I got to the escape pod and after the countdown).