Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
player

worst wads in your opinion

since theres already a thread about the best wads of 1995 what would the worst wads be of lets say any year (except this year or last)

Hello Hell. This...whatever it is wouldn't even come close to qualifying as a Mockery map. I know this is from early this year, but it's so bad that I just had to mention it.

It's kind of hard to see what that is because of those stupid ads blocking the screen.

Boom2_3 must be a strong contender.

Take a look at cph's reviews. I think he's pretty fair and objective; if he gives a wad a mark of zero, it has to be really bad.

There's also The Sky May Be, but that's so horrible I'm not even going to provide a link.

Oh, and what's all this about ads blocking the screen? Just be done with it, and totally disable javascript.

I guess I could do that, but I don't use that site often enough (I usually use 3DArchives).

The Sky May Be. It's like it was intentionaly designed to drive you insane.

I mean seriously. How could the author think that that... thing would be enjoyable.

I'm dead serious. I mean.... WHY.
ANSWER ME! Nothing has ever had such an effect on me.

This has already been decided...

Worst WAD that's obviously a piece of crap: wow.wad
Worst WAD that obviously had effort put into it: The Sky May Be
Worst megawad: Doom Jr.

Which of those three takes the crown is up to you.

doom jr? bad? i always thought that was cyb's greatest work.

Grazza said:

Boom2_3 must be a strong contender.

i just played that today. it was really bad, but there's worse.

i've never heard of the sky may be, but it looks like the coolest thing ever.

pregnant with worms said:

Thats what I thought upon seeing the screenshots. Man was I wrong. Go ahead and play it.

I just played boom.wad. I let out an audible whimper when I hit the map with the sky textures all over the place.

The only good thing about Sky May Be is the sentient barrels, which I found hilarious. I may write them into an EDGE wad, with whispered threats.

Trasher][ said:
The only good thing about Sky May Be is the sentient barrels, which I found hilarious. I may write them into an EDGE wad, with whispered threats.

damnit, it has sentient barrels? i was going to use that myself :( except with zdoom's stealth mode =P

the nuts series wads with like 10000 plus enemies were pretty poor, if it was like a regular map that isnt an arena and it would be 3 times the size of vrack it would've been cool

Grogglogobofink said:

damnit, it has sentient barrels? i was going to use that myself :( except with zdoom's stealth mode =P

They're subtle. It's just barrels that s-l-o-w-l-y move towards the player (fast enough to be noticable, and to get close to the player, but nowhere near even Imp-speed), and explode when close.

I think the Nuts wads are great - a unique concept in Doom mapping.

And they are the work of an extremely talented mapper, so if you really think they're bad, you'd have to put them in the "deliberately bad" category.

pregnant with worms said:

Well, if you are into masochism, go for it :)

Trasher][ said:
They're subtle. It's just barrels that s-l-o-w-l-y move towards the player (fast enough to be noticable, and to get close to the player, but nowhere near even Imp-speed), and explode when close.

yeah that's what i was going to do :/ a slow creeping barrel you might not notice is funnier than a speedy one. i think i got the idea from the rocks in keen iv though.

Player said:

fallen does look bad.

Agreed.

Assmaster said:

Pretty awful. But it's not the worst by far.

Agreed. But, I remember that bad experience I had with that level so clearly, so it just kinda sprung to my mind.

doomjr.txt says:
Doom Jr. is 30 Doom][ levels mad by me*. That's right 30. They completly replace every Doom][ level.

Heh.

Any map that looks like it could've been made in under 5 minutes, such as the Dwango maps.