Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyockell

Phobos Lab says:

That they were getting sick of all the Q's about system req. so they called up john Carmack and asked him, he said it would be 1ghz processor, 256ram and a geforce1 or radeon 7xxx series.

Heh. Now get them to ask again, and ask about specs for rnning the game on Normal detail and feature settings. :P

lol yea thats what I was thinkin, well gunna have to start buggin them bout that :-P.

1000mhz sounds like quite a big jump for minimum specs compared to previous games (highest min spec is 750mhz iirc). Such is Ids need for processor power.

Maybe we should bug them about release date.

Tyockell said:

That they were getting sick of all the Q's about system req. so they called up john Carmack and asked him, he said it would be 1ghz processor, 256ram and a geforce1 or radeon 7xxx series.

Common knowledge for over a year.

Gahahha, that's just what Carmack wants I am sure, fanboys phoning him up and grilling him on Doom 3.

This is out of hand. If I were JC, I'd quit. There's more than enough information out there for someone to recognize what probably will or won't run Doom3. There's no reason to bug id about it.

Phobos Lab are full of dumbasses anyway, I mean, who the fuck calls up John Carmack JUST FOR RECOMMENDED SYSTEM SPECS?

BBG said:

Phobos Lab are full of dumbasses anyway, I mean, who the fuck calls up John Carmack JUST FOR RECOMMENDED SYSTEM SPECS?

Me. Why?

Btw, minimum doesn't mean recommended specs, just so you know...

Lol! Well, here's another... I read your articles about the E3 vid and physics and would like to commend you for some very interesting and well thought out reads. *cringes under the impending iron fist of the all mighty super mods* heh |; ) --unibrow smilie.

if i ever run my own country, i'm going to hire BBG as a diplomat because then i'll be assured of his death within hours of leaving the borders

Nah I dont have anything against Phobos Lab, I visit the site quite often.

Bah, nevermind...I don't really hate Phobos Labs, but hell, if I was talking to John Carmack on the phone, I wouldn't ask about system specs, I'd be asking about Doom 3 info :-P

Who said anything about a phone?

Anyway, just take a look at some other Doom3 sites/forums. They post crap like they'd need a P4 1,7-2,0 GHz, 512 MB RAM and a GF4 TI/Radeon 9700 to even run Doom3.

Now why did I ask about the minimum specs:

1) Asking for the recommended specs would be rather a discussion then a short anwser. Some people are fine with 800x600/medium detail others not.

2) If I'd ask about some details like demo, release date or something like that, do you think I'd get a clear anwser?! Don't think so...

on a related note, i cant believe how good carmack is at responding to simple, direct questions. a year or two ago i emailed him to ask when the quake 2 tools would be released under the gpl and he actually replied and told me that it would probably have to wait until they were finished their current project.

RosOne said:

Who said anything about a phone?

The piece "called up john Carmack" makes it sound like it.

Hey Phobos Lab are alright even if they are a bit n00bish compared to doomworld. The only critism about it from me is that it occationally gets invaded by the bastard type of n00bs (the same thing happens here except an admin is always there to save the day) and even then it's more of a matter of personal taste.

BTW: Hi Rosone. Sorry i don't post often.

BlueSonnet said:

Hey Phobos Lab are alright even if they are a bit n00bish compared to doomworld. The only critism about it from me is that it occationally gets invaded by the bastard type of n00bs (the same thing happens here except an admin is always there to save the day) and even then it's more of a matter of personal taste.

BTW: Hi Rosone. Sorry i don't post often.

Are you sure you go to the same Phobos Labs? Newbie invasions? 'n00bish' forums? Last time I checked it was a slow-going forum with lots of intelligent posts, mainly about hardware.

Crystal clear. I've been there and been caught in the crossfire. Having said that i seemed to be the only one who got it bad (i recall asking cyric to delete a thread because n00bs kept spamming it up though i will admit it was a bit of a hard topic but still it had potential to be interesting, which is what i aimed for).

On the contary though, the occurences were rare so i leave it at that. Oh yeah i still had some interesting chats there too. That's why i'm pro phobos lab.

Edit: BTW since doomworld is older than phobos lab that's what i meant with the comparison.

BBG said:

Chill out dude.
Yes, contacting an iD employee for something that has been commonly known for months is dumb, but I wouldn't be generalising and saying that Phobos Labs is full of dumbasses.
There are a couple of decent people there, but there are a couple of morons too.
In case you didn't know, morons come here too - they just aren't as visible because DW's expert Staffers make short work of 'em or at least keep dumb stuff out of the forums.

What's going on Dsm? Was wondering where you went. In regards to the post, there still seems to be an amount of stupidity on these formus : P But such is life when a number of human beings get together in any circumstance. Welcome back from where ever you went.

Scabbed Angel said:

What's going on Dsm? Was wondering where you went. In regards to the post, there still seems to be an amount of stupidity on these formus : P But such is life when a number of human beings get together in any circumstance. Welcome back from where ever you went.

I have nothing to add to that.

I've been moving to a flat, plus I decided to tone down my DW dosis considerably, because in the end it's bad for me.