Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
insertwackynamehere

I'm officially a geek

I bought a $50 toolkit from Compusa which is really nice and for my computer. Most men buy tools for cars. I buy them for my computer. Anyway, I was thinking about replacing the side of my computer with a side that has a see-through window. I plan to add two blue cold cathode lights, and change my basic run-of-the-mill computer into a gaming system. However I have one problem. I don't know how to get a matching side cover that looks exactly the same, but with a window. Any links, or ideas? Thanks!

insertwackynamehere said:

I plan to add two blue cold cathode lights, and change my basic run-of-the-mill computer into a gaming system.

Yep, adding 2 blue lights will turn your computer into a gaming machine alright!

You could put flames on the side to make people think it's going so fast it's catching the air on fire.

i have done that, it is fairly easy if u have the tools to do so.

I made the soviet computer, not sure if any pictures are still around on the net of it. it has changed much sence then and looks much better, just need to post updated pics.

insertwackynamehere said:

I bought a $50 toolkit from Compusa which is really nice and for my computer. Most men buy tools for cars. I buy them for my computer.

If you plan on adding a window, you'll need some of those tools after all.

Also, case mods like this aren't a sin as most of you think. I mean, sure, they're not necessary. But if it's something you take interest in, and have the money/time to do it, why not?

Turn the inside of your computer into a rave. Then have some mechanical action figures in there passing around magic pills A.K.A. ecstasy.

schepe said:

Thanks. BTW, I'm doing this for fun, and it is fun. About the nuclear waste symbol, I'm using a biohazard symbol, and no, not to look like a badass, but because it's cool, and is a nice finishing touch. Also, this isn't going to just look like a gaming system, this is going to hopefully have a Geforce FX 5200 (the 5600s are too expensive :-P), and be a good gaming machine in gameplay, also. It's also going to be cheaper than most gaming systems.

Common Top'o'the-line Gaming System:
$2000-$5000; A couple weeks

My cost:
Biohazard fan vent: $10; 5 minutes to install
Cold Cathode Lights: $30-$60; 15 minutes to install
GeForce FX 5200: $100; 45-60 minutes to install
Toolkit: $50; N/A
Case Mod: $0-$10; 40 minutes to install
Total (using maximums): $230; 2 hours